Sign in to follow this  

Value of this bike?

The bike is in really good condition, has brand new tires and a recently tuned up.  Runs great w/ zero smoke.  That said, it's 30 years old and price is $500.  I do believe that's on the high end, but it is also a heck of a lot cheaper than the newer xr/crf 80's, many of which are beat up pretty bad.  The bike would be my son's first bike.  He is almost 10 years old and I expect he will out grow it in 2-3 years at which time I'd sell it.  I attached some pics so you can see the condition of the bike.  Any thoughts??

side1.jpg

imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

IMG_20140607_154657386_HDR.jpg

why not i would rather have something old over new...the newer the cheaper the factory made it to save cost...

that being said...check for wore suspension linkage bushings...

hell i would buy it just to have. it looks great..but im very partial to orange and blue bikes...im jealous

buy that thing...it looks very well maintained and clean..

Edited by 75nova420

why not i would rather have something old over new...the newer the cheaper the factory made it to save cost...

that being said...check for wore suspension linkage bushings...

hell i would buy it just to have. it looks great..but im very partial to orange and blue bikes...im jealous

buy that thing...it looks very well maintained and clean..

I'll check the suspension linkage, thanks for the suggestion.  It really is a clean bike and while $500 is a bit high, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the newer bikes I've been looking it.  Given the great condition and the fact my son is only going to own it for 2-3 years its seeming more and more like a good purchase to me.