A, A-A, A/A, A/B - &%$#@!?

OK, I did search the forum but not getting a direct answer. This is in regards to some oem parts that I am looking up for an '05 CRF450R. W Tee Eff  is the A, A-A, A/A, A/B designations all about? I've even seen AC on other models.

I'm sure this applies to other CRF models & years as well.

Inquiring minds want to know. Ok, maybe not lol.

(I can't believe that the software censored my WTF  (W tee eff) pretty &%$#@!kin lame)

Edited by tahoemike00

What specifically are you referring too and have you looked up OEM parts on Motosport.com? That's the best site for OEM lookup.

Speficially I was looking up the shock linkage dog bone deal. But that is irrelevant. When i used the drill-down menu system, I selected Honda then 2005 then CRF450 and it presented me with all of the AA, A/B etc choices.

I was on Partzilla. But I've seen it in shop manuals and other oem parts site s as well.

I checked out Partzilla and saw what you're talking about. Maybe it's country regions. I've always used Motosport.com and have never seen any parts coded like that. Have you called Partzilla and asked them?

Edited by Tigolebitties

There are model year revisions. Like in 07 when they changed the crank seal on the left side...no biggie. The PNs listed will get you the parts you need regardless of what revision you look up.

There is a differance like the hot start cable is different between the 05 CRF450RA and the A/B  i thought i had the A/B but come to find out i have the RA now i have to reorder the part so make sure what model you have  check vin number to be sure what you have good luck

When presented with those options, I just use A.  Never had a problem with the parts not fitting. If the diagram shows a number for a part not on the list, I just check newer years.

For example, the 03 shows a washer behind the rear brake pedal and the frame but not on the list. When I checked the 08, I found the part number. Off topic I know....

Anyway, if I have a doubt on A, B or whatever, I just buy aftermarket (like a piston).

Edited by HRC27

We call them delta changes in my line of work. for example youll have a straight part number if something slightly changes it will be that part number #-A (Delta A) 9 times out of 10 the non delta part number will work in place of the Delta A part number but there are some times when you must use the Delta A part. does that mean 1 is better than the other? generally no but some engineer decides he wants to try something else.