Sign in to follow this  

strange noise

Last night I installed my hour meter so I had the tank off and the spark plug boot up but that's it,I put everything back together and gave it a kick and I heard what sounded like air escaping or compression leaking down.It was the very first kick and the bike started on the third as it always does,it ran fine and didn't hear it after.Would it be the fuel line refilling after being released?Thats the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

Last night I installed my hour meter so I had the tank off and the spark plug boot up but that's it,I put everything back together and gave it a kick and I heard what sounded like air escaping or compression leaking down.It was the very first kick and the bike started on the third as it always does,it ran fine and didn't hear it after.Would it be the fuel line refilling after being released?Thats the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

Assuming you had the fuel line disconnected your noise was probably the fuel system priming.  Also assuming you have no other mechanical issues.  The pump will be a little noisier when the line is empty and if you were in a very quiet environment then yes, you will here the pump run for 3 seconds.  It will do this every time it is kicked if it does not start.  You usually don't here it because the system already has fuel in it and the pump is usually pretty quite.