Sign in to follow this  

Training with the Legendary Gary Bailey

IMG_1493.JPGIMG_1500.JPGMy son was fortunate enough to spend the weekend training with the legendary "Professor" Gary Bailey. It was an outstanding experience. The boys loved it. He is a great guy with tons of wild stories. If you ever get the chance to train with him, take it. I have been to a couple of other high profile training schools (won't mention names) and they did not come close. Warning - Gary is not afraid to tell a rider he looks like crap on the bike :lol: Here is some pics : 

Edited by naturaledge
  • Like 1

IMG_1544.JPGIMG_1565.JPG First pic is Gary working vid with the boys. Second pic is Monkey-Boy getting some lessons. Good thing we brought two bikes because Nelly destroyed his hub on the RMZ. 

Excellent, I'm sure everybody learned a lot from the Professor!

• Like 1

+1000

I did a 2-day Gary Bailey school last year - by far the best investment I have made for my riding.  He has a very different perspective on riding than I am use to, and by analyzing what I do on the bike - the way he did- definitely improved my speed and control.  

Plus hes got one hell of a sense of humor!

...Warning - Gary is not afraid to tell a rider he looks like crap on the bike :lol:

Memorable quotes from his school last summer.  For those who have never seen Gary Bailey speak to a rider before, picture this guy yelling at you in his best R. Lee Ermey voice lol.

12463023256109100.jpg

1344507484-Ronald-Lee-Ermey-at-its-best.

"Hey buddy, let me ask you something... How come every time you hit that jump it looks like you're taking a mean sh*t!?"

"Hit that damn jump! Everyone here thinks you're a weenie!"

And my favorite...

In the beginning of his class on the first day he asked us all to ride around like he wasn't there so that he could get an idea of what he was working with.  After a novice rider rips a crooked start, wheelies, almost loses control and then blows the turn:  "Wow that was pretty impressive!  What did you say to yourself before that start? - 'Hey, there's Gary Bailey! I bet hes never seen a guy ride a dirt bike real fast before... let me show him!'"

:lol:

Edited by KX250Fmotoracer
  • Like 2

^^^^^ :lol: So true! First question he asked the boys, "How many of you guys have won Loretta's?" :lol: Next thing he said, "How many times do you think Villipoto would lap you in a race?" :smirk: