Sign in to follow this  

4 stroke problem!

Hi I have a crf150f, and I put a new plug in it, NOT GAPPED. Anyways, I was driving today, and I stopped and talked to my friend who was driving with me, so it was idling, and when I went to give it gas, it liked no response, or you could say it didn't fire, and it shut off, it took a couple more pushes of the electric start button than usual. It ran fine for the rest of the 1 hour of riding. Not that it happened twice and I got the new plug beacuse I had the problem before and I thought a new plug would fix it. Also my bike is electric start. So could the plug not being gapped be the cause of this? Or is there something else? Thanks any input would be greatly appreciated

Probably not a gap issue unless the gap is huge or tiny.

Ive seen those 150s come pretty lean from the factory. Try richening your mixture screw a little and see.

Its a cheap n easy place to start.

Next up is divin into your carb.

Come to think of it, i noticed quite a few of those 150s having really bad throttle response. Curious what others have to say.

Oh, also, buy a factory manual.

It could be a factor. Rule of thumb for me when I'm doing anything is to check my manual and do exactly as it says for each procedure, if it says to gap your spark plug to a certain measurement, do it. They did not take the time to put it in there to look pretty, it serves a purpose.

Probably not a gap issue unless the gap is huge or tiny.

Ive seen those 150s come pretty lean from the factory. Try richening your mixture screw a little and see.

Its a cheap n easy place to start.

Next up is divin into your carb.

Come to think of it, i noticed quite a few of those 150s having really bad throttle response. Curious what others have to say.

Oh, also, buy a factory manual.

thank you, I'll take a look

It could be a factor. Rule of thumb for me when I'm doing anything is to check my manual and do exactly as it says for each procedure, if it says to gap your spark plug to a certain measurement, do it. They did not take the time to put it in there to look pretty, it serves a purpose.

thanks ill look into it.

Could this issue be really bad if it is not fixed?? Beacuse I will be driving tommorow morning and won't have to time in the morning to look at it.

If you mean harmful to your engine, not really. Of course it may not run as well as it can. You said you were idling, how long?

If you mean harmful to your engine, not really. Of course it may not run as well as it can. You said you were idling, how long?

less than a minute.

It's your bike's way of telling you that it doesn't want to be in Alabama. I suggest moving to a better state :D

It's your bike's way of telling you that it doesn't want to be in Alabama. I suggest moving to a better state :D

I live in Canada, :D
  • Like 1

110 main jet, 42 pilot jet first.

May need a needle adjustment.

What temp and altitude you riding in normally?

These jets require to remove air filter box restrictor minimum!

I live in Canada, :D

Your location says Alabama. Might wanna change that before more people get the wrong impression :D