Sign in to follow this  

how to de tune rm250

Hey guys i need help is it possible to weaken a rm250 as in make it less powerful? The reason for is that the bike fits my price range but seems to be too powerful.

250 2t's arent "too powerful". Simply learn how tocride the bike and have confidence in yourself. No need to detune it (flywheel weight for tight woods riding though)

• Like 1

Take a hammer and ding the crap out of the pipe, burn up all the silencer packing and run a 20:1 oil mix should do it lol. At one time or another those have happened to my old 250 kx and i noticed it was weak and ran like crap. In all seriousness, just learn throttle control. I went from a cr80rb @ 13-14 to a kx250 @15. And did very well with it. Best bike ive ever owned....till i modded the motor to the point of being unreliable

Hahaha lol these answers i know it was a stupid question its just that i only rode a 100cc 2 stroke. And am curious if a rm250 will kill me, but by the looks of it all i had to do was flatten the wheels and plug the exhaust. Hahahaha thanks for the ones with giving me an anwser and hanks for the ones giving me a laugh.

Hahaha lol these answers i know it was a stupid question its just that i only rode a 100cc 2 stroke. And am curious if a rm250 will kill me, but by the looks of it all i had to do was flatten the wheels and plug the exhaust. Hahahaha thanks for the ones with giving me an anwser and hanks for the ones giving me a laugh.

Seriously  :lol:  A flywheel weight will tame it a good bit. 

Just buy it. It will be a bit more predictable than a 100. Once you have it, and if it still scares you (bet it won't) then you can fiddle with the pv adjustment.

Set it to open later....it will hit at higher rpm. I suggest setting it stock and getting used to it.

My kids old 125 used to sneak up on me more often than I would like to admit, now we both have rm250s and no more surprises.

Plus you don't need to scream a 250 to make power. Much more user friendly.

Edited by Jethrobolas
  • Like 2

put 2 base gaskets on between the cylinder and the crankcase..also a 10 oz fly wheel weight....cost is very cheap and very effective