Uni Pod Filter on FCR Carb - Inner Diameter?

Hey Guys

I've been searching the forums and can't find a straight answer. I've got a FCR carb off an 03 crf450r. its a 40mm MX carb and im going to put on Uni Pod filter on it. I've read somewhere that folks are putting on the 2.5 inch Inner diameter, but im measuring the carb inlet at 2.25ish. Can anyone shed some light on this? As reference, here's the 2.5 inch pod

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/Uni-2-Stage-Angle-Pod-Filter-63mm-I-D-x-152mm-L-p/4127599.htm?CartID=1

thanks!

Ill meaure today. But i have an fcr mx41 with a similar filter and i need to use a flathead to stretch open the mouth a tad to fit onto the carb. Grease the lip a bit. Its nice and tight. Don't need the clamp but i still use it. Just keep her oiled. Itll getdirty and act like a choke.

Got my filter at jp motorsports in san diego

I wouldn't say shoehorn. It has a flathead clamp. You already have a screwdriver. Its just a liitle pry not super hard like putting a tire on.

I just think a quarter inch is too much. Thats 1/16" all around. Seems like too big a gap to risk an intke leak. But id have to physically experiment. Maybe the clamp will close it. But even a small fold will be a leak.

If youre ordering it just be sure

Maybe ill take a pic tomorrow as i have the carb off, you motivated me to clean it!

Another pod perk if you're on street. One screw for the filter and one for the carb. Disconnect cables and carbs in your hands. Iwasn't even gonna do it but my filter needed it, so im like why not?

• 3 weeks later...