Sign in to follow this  

03' CR125 jetting help

Newly rebuilt top end with maybe an hour on it jetting , Anyone running a stock engine with stock mikuni that can suggest a needle ? The book says a 74 here on TT parts says 68 , but from 65-74 of the stock mikuni needles none of them run correctly in the middle . Have a 45 pilot seems ok and a 390 main currently installed , i just can't find the middle it's either popping lean or bogging so bad it almost stalls . Will the YZ needles help or they only used in the keihins ?

Yes, It's a direct bolt on. The YZ carb does not have TPS, but that's not a problem. Most people that are using PWK's on their Cr's arn't using the TPS anyway.

Honestly what I would do first before swapping the carbs is switch the jetting from the YZ carb over to your CR. The Yamaha needles have a MUCH better profile than the cr's.  I would put the Yamaha 6CHY6-82  needle  #3, a 37.5 pilot and a 410 main in and try that first. If that doesn't work swap the carbs and use the jetting I listed.

I had this info in one of my likes.  Perhaps the yamaha needle will work for you.

• Like 1

I had this info in one of my likes.  Perhaps the yamaha needle will work for you.

Spent some time with it today , running like a champ.  :thumbsup:  Just a tad bit lean on the pilot with a 32.5 so i'll replace with a 35 in the morning started getting dark testing . 

Using the Yamaha needle?

Using an optional needle for the 03' cr125 , changed and adjusted so many jets and needles today the screws on the air boots i had to replace from being stripped out .  :thumbsup:

Capture.PNG