Came home with a NEW Yamaha & Honda today !

Well maybe not too exciting for you...  but at least I can get water out of the ground and take a shower now ! ?

yami_honda_gens.jpg

While I was there this caught my eye...  I looked at Yolanda...  she looked at me...  smiled and just walked away.  It's a DONE DEAL as soon as I can stow away a few more pennies.  :applause:

01.jpg

02.jpg

• Like 3

Holly Shit, when you said off grid, you really meant it. Guess I've not been following the threads that well. Sweet rides! Rent a small space in one of your neighbors garages on the paved section. Now the Yamaha will just have to get dirty and pretty much stay that way. keep lotsa air-filters on hand.  

Sweet, some of the canyons in Barstow will rip this shit outta my VTX's windshield, but other than that, we should be good to go. Saddlebags come off in minutes, seconds if I just leave them on ?:banana:

Should have gone with the EU3000, a little more money but powers one hell of a lot of crap. To bad KTM doesn't have a generator, you could be real bad ass then.

Meh...  the EU3000 is almost twice the money as a 2000...  for about 50% more power... and consumes lots more fuel for the same work load.  I run a single 2000 to compliment my solar at night a few times per week to keep the batteries fresh...  and I get 9-11 hours on a single gallon.  If I need more power I can flip on a second 2000.  Both 2000s cost the same as a single 3000.  No bargain there on the 3000....  In fact, my 7200 Yami cost less than the Honda 3000.

• Like 1

Meh...  the EU3000 is almost twice the money as a 2000...  for about 50% more power... and consumes lots more fuel for the same work load.  I run a single 2000 to compliment my solar at night a few times per week to keep the batteries fresh...  and I get 9-11 hours on a single gallon.  If I need more power I can flip on a second 2000.  Both 2000s cost the same as a single 3000.  No bargain there on the 3000....  In fact, my 7200 Yami cost less than the Honda 3000.

Yeah but the Yamaha sounds like a jackhammer at full sing! I guess as long as it isnt too close you shouldnt feel the tremors. I use the EU3000i in the RV, yes it has an ONAN, but that sombish is loud, and shakes the RV like I am racing in Endurocross!

Yamaha 7200 is an all new unit...  in eco it's just a little louder than my eu2000 on eco.  When I spooled it up last night running 220V well pump, 220V irrigation pump, washer, dryer, house, swamp cooler and tossing 12v 50amps at the batteries it was humming...  but way quieter than my whole house 9k or 12k units.  The generator shed blocks all noise from the house anyway.

The real advantage to that 3000 is electric start...  especially if you rig up remote starting in the RV.  When we camp with the 2000s and Yolanda has to get up at 7am and go out in the cold to start the generator/my coffee I feel bad.

Bottonline...  when you produce all the power you consume day in and day out you learn to maximize every aspect of the system.  Using the most fuel efficient device you can for your load requirements at any given time saves $1000s each year in fuel.

• Like 1

I picked up my 3000 for 1,200.00 I think, only used 2 times and basically new. Gotta love the button. Had to drive to east LA but eh, worth every penny.

I got mine for 1k, battery has been dead since day 1 lol.  starts in 1 pull, good exercise. 2 pulls in a worst case scenario. Comes in handy when the power is out at the house too!

• Like 2

That is exactly why I bought two 2000s. You can hook them together in parallel to be even more powerful then a 3000 at the same cost. Easier to move 2x2000 then 1x3000. You always have a backup if one fails.

What do you do for internet?

• Like 1