Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 300 mxc 1997

Pros and cons of the bike? Is this a good deal? I'm 5'10 130 lbs is this bike too much for me? All info greatly appreciated http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/4510454334.html

As much as I like old bikes and KTMs, I believe its hard to find parts for those and thus not necessarily a good deal.

Although the plastics look new and the bike is maintained?

Edited by BushPig

As much as I like old bikes and KTMs, I believe its hard to find parts for those and thus not necessarily a good deal.

Although the plastics look new and the bike is maintained?

He says all his parts are new

My friend has this same bike and although it Is a great machine and very fun to ride the as said above parts market is very limited. For example my friend was riding and broke the rear shock and he could not find a replacement anywhere. But the engine has always been strong and reliable.

He says all his parts are new

Told you. See below. I know this because I heard all about it from a guy that had a 440 from the same era.

My friend has this same bike and although it Is a great machine and very fun to ride the as said above parts market is very limited. For example my friend was riding and broke the rear shock and he could not find a replacement anywhere. But the engine has always been strong and reliable.

Just gave my '97 EXC to my brother. I paid $1000 and it had just been completely rebuilt too, but plastics were in bad shape. Turns like a pig, but decent in every other way. I never had trouble finding parts, but spent a lot of time comparing '97 part #s with newer part numbers to find the right ones. Most parts are still readily available as a lot of it is shared with bikes through 2003 and even newer. But you never know what you are going to need and as mentioned above, the unique parts may not be available.