Sign in to follow this  

Shell V-power consensus?

So what do people think of shell V-power 99 (not sure if this is available in the U.S) is this a quality fuel suited for high-compression engines? or should this be avoided? I'm not sure what kind of additives they put in this, and I've noticed my 650R with a wiseco 11:1 piston tend to ping ever so slightly when it's good and warm with this fuel, but it doesn't with premium 98 octane (I have issues with carbon buildup, giving me more ping than normal)

Run some "Seafoam" in your tank to keep the carbon from building up. 2oz per gallon till you use a whole can.

You can pick it up at most auto parts stores or WallMart.

Run some "Seafoam" in your tank to keep the carbon from building up. 2oz per gallon till you use a whole can.

You can pick it up at most auto parts stores or WallMart.

well, I'm in norway, so no wallmarts, and seafoam I've never even seen in any autostore over here.

I'm asking about V-power because regular 98 octane (premium) is hard to find in this country, most gasstations only carry 95 which I can't use.

is the V-power just regular gas with some crappy, gimmicky additives? or is it the good stuff?

It's the so called "Top Tier cleaner" they use.

(Like Techron that Chevron uses in there "Top Tier" gasoline.)

We only get 87, 89 and 92 Octane fuel here in California mixed with 10% ethanol.

We have to use 100 Octane race fuel to get 100% gasoline.

It's the so called "Top Tier cleaner" they use.

(Like Techron that Chevron uses in there "Top Tier" gasoline.)

We only get 87, 89 and 92 Octane fuel here in California mixed with 10% ethanol.

We have to use 100 Octane race fuel to get 100% gasoline.

europe rates octane different from you U.S guys, octane ratings differ depending on if you use the MON or RON scale.

a european 98 is the same as a US 92 I think.