Sign in to follow this  

Judder spring, cushion spring ,seat plate = poor shifting ?

So my new to me low low hour 2007 WR250F has the worst shifting I have experienced ever. Can't find neutral, won't start in gear & very hard to shift. Adjusted the cable & changed the oil w/ no change. Came across this thread that basically says to ditch the cushion spring & seat plate from the clutch assembly. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/22569-a-must-read-post-about-my-wr-clutch/?hl=%20judder%20%20spring

Anyone familiar with this ? I plan on checking my plates for warpage & friction thickness but if all is ok then I will ditch those 2 parts.

Drag's running...bad. Pulled the judder springs and didn't help. Basket has no wear. I ordered a new clutch kit and am contemplating a billet basket to shotgun the fix.

bent shift fork.

how can you verify your WR does indeed have "low low" hours? Rule numero uno, never trust anything the seller says. I've seen mickey mouse fixes before. Bought a CR250 last year with a engine painted black... painted to hide that he jb welded a broken crankcase together and painted over it. Man was i furious. Just one of many other experiences.

Sometimes, the plates are just mucked up and you need to pitch them.

Some years ago, a TT member talked about how if the clutch plates were too dry at first start up, the fibers can become quickly damaged. He went on to tell the procedures used by his shop to get oil to the clutches of a new bike. His descriptions made a lot of good logic.

My brand new 05 WR250F (back in the day), had terrible clutch dragging from day one. The clutch would actually chatter and make bad howling noises at times. I soaked the plates in oil, I cleaned the plates with brake cleaner, and it would help for a short time, but a hour later, the problem was back. Finally, Yamaha gave me a new set of fibers under warranty and the dragging was solved from that day forward.

Edited by BazookaJoe