Sign in to follow this  

Crf 230f Jetting

I want to do some simple modding on my 2007 crf230f.. I want to rejet and get best possible performance. I have looked all over the forum and get different answers. Is it true also that i damage my engine if i remove the intake and exhasut baffle when bone stock.

What my bike has:

Twin Air filter

Stock exhaust

I am taking out all baffles

I just want correct jetting to get best performance

Im at sea level too.

Would a 120 main and 45 pilot be good for these mods and should i get the stock 03-05 needle or the power up one if so what notch should either of these be set on?

Thanks

Hello MAXYM8.

My bike is a 05 crf230.

Im at sea level too.

I can confirm 120 Main jet + 45 pilot jet. 05 needle in the fourth notch from the top. Snorkel removed.

This setting seems to be the best.

I have had excellent results on my crf230 when it was stock .. now I still prefer this setting on my modded crf230.

Only remove the small center baffle, not the whole spark arrestor.

If you do your bike will sound like....

Well let's just say painfully terrible.

Hello MAXYM8.

My bike is a 05 crf230.

Im at sea level too.

I can confirm 120 Main jet + 45 pilot jet. 05 needle in the fourth notch from the top. Snorkel removed.

This setting seems to be the best.

I have had excellent results on my crf230 when it was stock .. now I still prefer this setting on my modded crf230.

What he said!

ok thanks very much but will i damage the bike if i take out those parts with stock jetting

The fuel mixture is too lean so the temperature rises. If you take out those parts with stock jetting

what he said !!!!  leave the screen there !! had to remake mine . the above jetting is correct 120/45 , 4th groove on 03-05 needle .  might have to chage out the mix screw also . it really isn't that hard to pull the carb .  rockymountain has the jets   ..  wish I still had the baffle for mine . I'd mod it to flow better with some back pressure to quite it down some, and I believe it helped with the pop pop with mine .    myself I'm running 120/48 3rd slot , but it is a work in progress .....   have fun !!