Sign in to follow this  

XR's Only exhaust pipe issue

Anyone have experience with an XR's Only exhaust pipe? I was mocking up my system last night and the new pipe has an extra tab on the can which doesn't line up with anything. I have an email out to XR's Only, but it feels like I got a defective pipe. Thoughts?

IMAG0002.jpg

Anyone have experience with an XR's Only exhaust pipe? I was mocking up my system last night and the new pipe has an extra tab on the can which doesn't line up with anything. I have an email out to XR's Only, but it feels like I got a defective pipe. Thoughts?

The mounting point on the frame directly above the tab on the muffler. This wasn't one of the pipes that XRs Only had on sale was it? They said right in the ad that the fit would be very tight. You may have to loosen the muffler/pipe junction, and try to rotate the muffler up to meet the frame.

Welcome to the world of aftermarket! There is nothing but OEM that bolts up right. The front bolt matches up with the stock mount. dont know why there is two mounts on my FMF Q4 it has as a wrap around the muffler that you can move to line it up. lot of people move it to mount back where the blinkers mount. on my CRFX fender I cut off the extenions off so mine dont have frame extenions cut off and blinkers are now in tailight! I would not worry about the rear mount that dont match up you have the stock mount that lines up cut the rear one off to clean the look up! But im making big mods to make it look like CRF 

This wasn't one of the pipes that XRs Only had on sale was it?

Nah, bought the pipe back in '12 when I started this project and am just now getting it back together. I definitely paid full price and the photos of the part on the site don't match what was delivered.

xrs_pipe.jpg

Edited by BadIdeaMike

Looks sweet! Are they loud or cotroll dBs to 92?

That is not an extra tab. That pipe is not defected. I  have the same one on my xr's can. That bracket gets mounted to where your rear turn signal goes. 

Looks sweet! Are they loud or cotroll dBs to 92?

VERY LOUD! Good if you want animals or other riders to know that you are comming through the woods rippin.

After going round and round with XR's Only I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. My buddy and I fabricated a bracket that accept the misaligned can and closed the book on the subject. 

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

Edited by BadIdeaMike

After going round and round with XR's Only I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. My buddy and I fabricated a bracket that accept the misaligned can and closed the book on the subject. 

That is weird. After taking another look at your pic i thought maybe the tab on the can on your pipe is too short. I just checked mine and it looks identical. Perhaps the other tab on the pipe itself was made too long not allowing the tab on the can to come up all the way to your frame hole. Anyhow, in the end you got it to fit regardless.