Sign in to follow this  

Help with WP Racing Suspension

I just bought this KTM this past weekend and I am wanting to know some information about the racing suspension on my bike. It is a 2011 SXF 250 and has the front and rear suspension set up. I don't believe tha anything is wrong with it but I feel like I should know about when to get them serviced and any information that you his can give me.

Thank you

I have 2014 WP suspension but I have to tell you that two different techs were stupefied by the complexity of this suspension.  The forks must be primed while putting in the oil for example.  It may be costly to mail the suspension to Denver, CO but take it from me.  3rd time was the charm and I finally found someone is very knowledgeable.  RG3 suspension.  Very clean shop, the owner Mat will be doing the work for you. 

As with any suspension it is a good idea to service them anywhere from 25-40 hours of ride time depending on the amount of abuse they take.  Some aggresive riders need to change the oil more often as it breaks down just like your motor oil does through heat and friction.  When you let them go too long without a service there is always the possibility of wearing other internal parts, some which are really costly.  The WP suspension components themselves are very similar in overall design to any twin chamber Showa or KYB fork, the main difference being they use a nitrogen bladder in the forks insead of an inner chamber spring and the shock has a piston instead of a bladder system to hold the nitrogen.  As with any suspension, if it is set up for your specific needs (height, weight, type of riding, and skill level) you will get the most out of it.  At the very least make sure you set your sag.