Sign in to follow this  

Oil pump idle gear

Any word on a co. That makes a oil pump gear yet? That plastic on we have in there is always on my mind...esp at going on 14k miles

There are some members on the forum with well over 30k miles on their bottom-ends... If anything, just replace the plastic gear with an OE one that should last you another 10+ yrs and 30k+ miles.

• Like 2

The gear is only at issue far as I've seen when someone installed the clutch basket with a hammer or otherwise slams it in place. 

Be gentle installing the basket, match the gears up as you install.. and it lives as long as the rest of the motor. 

• Like 2

Still thinking of getting an OE one and running down to the machine shop to see what they can do for me ...might be a idea. I cant see why one made from billet would not hold up as long if not longer .just an idea

Still thinking of getting an OE one and running down to the machine shop to see what they can do for me ...might be a idea. I cant see why one made from billet would not hold up as long if not longer .just an idea

So you want to spend a considerable sum of money to have a gear cut from an untested materiel in this application without R&D for a critical component that has no known common recurring failure other then when improperly installed.

Hey why not... Building just because as as good a reason as any

Post pics when done

Said nothing about spending money ...good friends.oh yeah and you must be a mag rider....what i mean by that is you sit back and do what people have done. And if cant be that "critical" if its plastic from the factory ....and that is why i post for r&r not smart ass jitbag comments

Said nothing about spending money ...good friends.oh yeah and you must be a mag rider....what i mean by that is you sit back and do what people have done. And if cant be that "critical" if its plastic from the factory ....and that is why i post for r&r not smart ass jitbag comments

:facepalm: