Sign in to follow this  

Kx250 2000 fork seal question

I just rebuilt one fork but I have a question about the seal. I put the sping side of the seal pointing towards the oil is this correct or was it suppose to be pointing away from the oil towards the dust seal.

Thanks I just don,t want to rebuild the second the same way to find out it was wrong.

I just rebuilt one fork but I have a question about the seal. I put the sping side of the seal pointing towards the oil is this correct or was it suppose to be pointing away from the oil towards the dust seal.

Thanks I just don,t want to rebuild the second the same way to find out it was wrong.

Most models the makers marks on the seals go down facing the ground.  Most seals are double lip seals also, the double lip goes towards the oil. It will have illustrations of how to install like this on the package , and also in your service manual. 

Yeah I bought the pivot works rebuild kit a few months ago to rebuild them and I must have taken the instructions out. Can't find them now. I have a feeling it is wrong that is the way it works sometimes when you get stuff together I think did I just do that right? Thanks

Update was able to now ride for a little bit to test after my surgery on my broken picky. no leaking seals. Thanks for all the help. Me and my 8 year old had a great bonding time rebuilding them. Might do the rear now.

• Like 1