Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis skid plate

Anyone have pics of one on?? I wanna c how far it comes up the front of the frame . Does it leave a gap for mud and dirt to fill up ?

Anyone have pics of one on?? I wanna c how far it comes up the front of the frame . Does it leave a gap for mud and dirt to fill up ?

I just bought one but it hasn't come in yet. Oddly enough considering there are only a limited # of plates avail for the RMZ, I've never actually seen one on a bike either. 

I have the cycra speed armor now and its fine but the stock white engine guards keep busting off in a deep rut or a muddy day and they r $15 a pop

I have one. There is a small gap and yes it will collect mud. 2 options:

1. Drill it so dirt can escape

2. Rubberized foam- pack it under skidplate or.. foam in plastic bag.

If its hot and dry-dont use the foam. It will make the bike run hotter. The plastic is pretty tough. I drilled a couple holes on my rmz250 one for draining oil,but I take it off. If oil gets on it-dirt will cling to the skid plate. Just gotta watch what foam is used. Some of it is too pourous and will hold mud and water. Then its like having a boat anchor on the bottom of the bike

The standard Suzuki rmx one is pretty good

Do you have a link to one? 

you can see mine here....there are marks for drillingthe holes, if you want to leave some airflow

1vertk.jpg

That thing looks great!