Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki DR200SE smaller sprocket cover?

I need a small aftermarket sprocket cover because the stock design limits the position of the shift lever. I have looked all over and I can't find parts for this bike. There are stock replacements on eBay. I have been considering fabricating my own or paying a machinist to make me something. I hope someone here has some suggestions?

A little story:

I got MX boots and now I can't get my foot under the shift pedal due to the range of motion provided by the boots. I learned that rotating the shift lever is very simple. If I rotate the shift lever just one tooth ahead then the lever makes contact with the sprocket cover and I can't shift. It's a terrible design. With the sprocket cover off I can put the shift lever anywhere I want and it works just fine. The sprocket cover is also a cheap piece of plastic and I want to get rid of it. I have looked all over so don't tell me to Google it. I can't be the only person to have this problem. Maybe someone else here has solved this problem or one like it?

Thanks for reading my story.

Haven't run that cover on either of my DR650s or on any my 7 DR350s. I run case savers instead.

Same here,all they do is pack mud.The only real reason I could see using one is if you ride in tennis shoes with long strings.

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

TN2Wheeler, I looked up case savers and that is exactly what I am looking for. I am trying to find one that will fit my bike. None of the sites I have seen have my bike listed. I might have to measure the bolt pattern and try to find something that is parts compatible. I guess the DR200SE isn't very popular because nobody makes parts for it.