Sign in to follow this  

Colorado 1972 XL250 Resto...

I am a hot rodder by trade, but about 5 years ago, the money fell out from underneath us all and a change was inevitable. i moved from Phx, AZ. to Denver Co. and started in the gaming industry. well, as always the oil in my veins has gotten the best of me i have acquired two projects.  A '71 CL350 and a '72 XL250. the CL is going to sit and wait until the XL is done. originally i was going to just clean it up and flip it to fund the CL project, but while getting it cleaned up it somehow ended up a bare frame... Long story only slightly shortened i need a local parts connection for just little stuff, mainly gaskets to rebuild the motor. the bike is complete, but not well takes care of. these are my first bike builds and i am excited to get to know the motorheads here in Colorado.

20140604_112122.1.JPG

Also, i just ran into another issue, when i picked the XL up the wheels were not on it. i assemble the wheels before tearing it down, and the brake drum will not turn inside the wheel hub. the rear wheel is completely locked up not. i have it all back apart but the drum will not come out of the wheel hub? any suggestion? id rather not replace the whole thing, but i dont think ill get the brake panel out with out damaging it or the wheel hub. ill post pics tonight.