Sign in to follow this  

estart 250x problem

Hey all, I just picked up a 2009 Crf250x.  Bike only has 18.1 miles.  It starts and runs very well when using the kick starting.  I tested the battery at Napa and a local bike shop, and it failed.  I put a new battery in the bike and nothing.  I checked the 15 amp fuse, near the exhaust, and it was fine.  As a precaution, I changed it anyway.  I took the battery out and out it in my 350.  The 350 started with the new battery that I had purchased for the 250x.  I checked all the connections near the headlight and they were fine.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I checked the 15 amp fuse, near the exhaust, and it was fine.  As a precaution, I changed it anyway.

I hope you checked/changed the main fuse, and not the spare fuse that sits on top of it....

:ride:

• Like 3

Is there any noise at all? Maybe check grounds

Nothing, except if it stalls, I hear a noise that sounds like its coming from the starter.

I used to have an 04 X and it had starting problems when I bought it as well. It turns out there is a relay that sends power to the starter and one of the connections on that relay was almost completely severed. Use your multi-meter and see if you have power getting to the relay when you press the start button, and if so, check to see if you have power coming OUT of, or on the other wire of the relay. If no power coming out, then you need to figure out if the relay is bad, or if there is something else breaking the signal (like the clutch lever switch).

Also, please note that you must squeeze the clutch in for the starter to work. Have you been doing that? If you are squeezing the clutch, maybe the wiring for the clutch lever is not working and that is the reason the starter is not turning the engine over. There is not much to the electrical on this bike so you should be able to quickly pinpoint where the problem is. If you don't have a manual, do you have a friend that has experience working on bikes that can help you?

...Also, please note that you must squeeze the clutch in for the starter to work...

Damn Honda's, Lol.

I have a similar problem, but it actually starts once in a while via estart. I do ride at higher elevations, and at 11000+ , even kickstart takes a few to get it going. Used to start without a thought, up until about a year ago. 05 250x.

I had a similar problem. Just fixed it. Right intake was at .002!

Under 3 hrs of work and she starts right up! CrfsOnly had a good "how to

Maybe we need some clarification.. I was under the assumption that the OP's bike would not start with the e-start because it would not turn the engine over.

OP if you are still following this, what did you do to fix it? Or, if it is still not working, is the motor turning over when you press the e-start?