border crossing in a mexican truck

im gonna go riding in baja, i dont have a truck at the moment soo a buddy from TJ is coming up to pick me up in his mexican truck, my bikes pink isnt in my name but i have a bill of sale.. my friend is worried that the mexican authorities will have a problem with us bringin the bike into mexico !? 

what do you guys think... im not worried about crossing back into the US side

any advice is appreciated 

Hey, hope things are good over there, i called customs and asked them the same question, they told me that you should not have any problem crossing the bike in your friends truck as long as the registrarion of your bike has a valid date on it, here is the number of customs mx

Regards

664-624-22-30

Hey, hope things are good over there, i called customs and asked them the same question, they told me that you should not have any problem crossing the bike in your friends truck as long as the registrarion of your bike has a valid date on it, here is the number of customs mx

Regards

664-624-22-30

Thanks man i will give them a call tomorrow !! hey andres bcm soo it doesnt matter if its not in my name as long as the registration is valid, yeah my friend is a little stressed out that customs will try and take the bike away hehe

That's what they told me, it dose not matter if it is not in your name as long as it is not expiered

A doble check wont hurt anyone

Regards

thats true... soo as long as your a us citizen with the bike its ok? because my friend was saying that he cant cross a bike himself he would need to import it

Motorcycle in back - red flag

Mexican national with US bike - red flag

Paperwork not in occupants name - red flag

No current registration - red flag

----

Your buddy with the truck doesn't have a good gut feeling. Id go with his gut feeling. Too many red flags

Anyway, go get the registration. You can stop at DMV between otay and san ysidro on way down.

• Like 1

Motorcycle in back - red flag

Mexican national with US bike - red flag

Paperwork not in occupants name - red flag

No current registration - red flag

----

Your buddy with the truck doesn't have a good gut feeling. Id go with his gut feeling. Too many red flags

Anyway, go get the registration. You can stop at DMV between otay and san ysidro on way down.

i will be with my mexican buddy(mexican truck, mexican driver, ´´gringo´´ passenger-bike owner), the bike isnt in my name but im sure i can go to the dmv and transfer title, the registration is current

kind of a weird situation i guess

Transfering the title to your name is a good idea.

I called customs and two persons told me the same thing, a good way to make sure everything is ok would be to call or if possible go to customs and ask personally just to confirm what these people told me

• Like 1