Sign in to follow this  

Should I buy this yz125?

22's not bad but I still think you can find a better deal for 125's that are 8 years old. If you want one go for the one that doesn't need fork seals. I would just offer him 2000 though and say you need to put a new pipe on because those stock ones are looking old and nasty.

This guy may not be hurting for money and those people can be pretty stubborn. If you really want it and there's nothing else in your area go for at 22. It's not like your getting ripped off just no a killer deal ya know but at least you'll be riding this summer!

I have a 2006 crf450 but cant stand the weight and engine breaking. So i decided to get a yz as a play bike, around here its $1400 for a 98 or $2400 for a 2006, there are a few 2000 and 2001 yz's here but there pretty clapped out

It hard to find the 06+ for under $2500 here ever...

He said one was rebuilt and the other has never been opened, so it will need a top end at the least, it a tough call

Last fall I bought a 2011 YZ125 for $2950 it was adult owned and completely stock with about 25 hours on it. I feel like I purchased a almost new bike for under $3000. I guess I got lucky on finding one.Have patience maybe you will find a clean one for a good price.

theres also a few 2005 yz's but those had a 5spd instead of 6spd correct?

6 spd, and the bike's you're looking at appear to be in good shape to be 8 year's old.

I bought a 2006 3 years ago, in 2011 summer, I paid $2600 for it with spare tiires and a bunch of other items, had FMF and twin air filter, shaved seat, protaper bars. Its still going strong today!! bike looked decenrly clean, it all depends on how maintenance was done and how it was broke in.

I bought this 2003 for $400 on craigs list, then spent $3,000 rebuilding it to look like a 1987 model.

IMG_5518.JPG

• Like 1

In my area Craigslist is dead. No bargains just expensive clapped out bikes. Look at TT classifieds where typical bikes are clean and maintained. Look up uship dot com for quotes on shipping. Usually less than $350 depending on location. I had a yz250f shipped from Minnesota to Seattle and it was just as described and ran forever no problems. Bike was low hour and pimped out. Excellent value this way.

That 87 clone looks sweet, I had a mint 86 or 87 yz250 and should have never gotten rid of it. It was a great trail bike, and would still rip on the track. I traded it to a 16 yr old kid for a blaster, I knew it would get wrecked in a week  :banghead:

Sure enough I saw in a cragslist a few weeks later blown up and beat to a pulp, what a shame

I bought this 2003 for $400 on craigs list, then spent $3,000 rebuilding it to look like a 1987 model.

Sweet bike man!