Sign in to follow this  

slavins sxs300 head and vf4 reeds gnarly pipe help?

today on a 2013 300xcw I put a sx300 head and the vf4 reeds and the bike has a gnarly- I'm just itching to try it out but what should the head bolt torque be?

36mm pwk #7 slide n2zk 2nd clip pos and a 40 pilot 162 main in the pacfic north west , I snugged the bolts but need specs to finish the job can any one help I just cant use the till my elbow clicks on a 5 hr old bike

• Like 1

no regrets putting in the vf4 reeds and sx head she pulls quick long and hard- it kinda uses up first gear so fast its useless 2nd seems just right for starting out

Gear up..  I added one to the counter shaft  after Slavens did my head, on my 300 XC..

Zilla lol funny you mention that I just orderd a 14 thinking the 13 just wasn't right, the recluse will off set the 14- help with  the low speed stuff.

Is any one else having a bit of issus with hitting second gear coming from first? I just reverse bleed the clutch and am hoping for the best. the trany fluid was changed at 1 hr and now at 10hrs.

"Is any one else having a bit of issus with hitting second gear coming from first?"

what are you in first gear for? 1st gear is only there so you can ride through the pits

• Like 1