Sign in to follow this  

2001 yz80 to what? HELP ME!

Hi I'm 13 and I'm about 42kgs (92 pound) and about 161 cm (5' 3") tall. I find riding my 2001 Yz80 really fun but it just is really limiting me. HELP!! What bike should I get I was thinking of a yz125  or am I not ready yet

It's not that my bike isn't running properly;

I had a re sleeve done to it last Christmas.

DSC_0072.JPG

Edited by 2-STROKEforLIFE

I agree step up to a 125, I would say unless your going to a four stroke then go 250 (just because that's what I did kinda, because the acceleration is greater on two stroke of the same engine size and I love the two stroke acceleration) but your probably a little to small for the 250's

• Like 1

Yeah, I just sold my yz80. I had a 2000. Im 15 and just got my crf450r. A 125 would be great though.

• Like 1

Ooh, with your weight and height, I think a 125 would be wayyyy to big and tall, even with a lowering link. A 125 is a full size bike and does sit higher that some 250s.

I think you should be fine on a 125 my cousin is 5'4 and he rides a 04 ktm 125 and if you are too short your thirteen give it a month haha but it will take a while to adjust to the new height no matter how tall you are

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your replies! I'm looking for 125's now!!

lowering link, shaved seat and you'll be good to go!
  • Like 1

He should be ok ... As long as he doesn't attempt a Triple pinned in 3rd .

If you say so.  I'm not responsible if the little shrimp tries to pull off that move just to prove you wrong, only to come short and does a face plant then while in and out of consciousness the medic ask who came up with the bright idea of letting him try a triple being the small shrimp that he is and while half convulsing with tiny yellow stars with smiley faces circling above his head he managed to muster the word........ "NEKHOOHC".

I wipe my hands clean on this one!