Sign in to follow this  

Adding & removing oil from forks question

I've been reading in MXA mag they add and remove oil through the air bleed screw. Would that apply to twin chamber type forks? Isn't that oil going or coming from the inner chamber?. I would like to clear that doubt.

Roger

No its works the same for removal of oil

It won't come from the inner chamber and the technique works the same for open bath and twin chamber

I've been reading in MXA mag they add and remove oil through the air bleed screw. Would that apply to twin chamber type forks? Isn't that oil going or coming from the inner chamber?. I would like to clear that doubt.

Roger

Alright, your inner chamber is a sealed amount of oil, not adjustable, excess oil is bled off during assembly. The only way you're getting oil out of that is by opening things up or something failing inside. The outer chamber can be adjusted through the bleed screws, I bought some 10cc needles so I can add oil real quick. To remove, just remove the screw and turn it upside down and measure it as it's coming out.

Keep in mind it doesn't take much oil to make a difference. On my PSF air forks I can feel 3cc's of oil, which sounds crazy, but I can feel it when bottoming them.