Sign in to follow this  

Jardine RT94 slip on

While surfing eBay a couple nights ago I came across the Jardine RT94 slip on auction which was about to end. The high bid was $55 with a reserve that had not been met. I figured I'd pay $75 for it, seeing as the MSRP is $450 (yes, for just a slip on). I put in my bid and to my suprise, I was the high bidder and the reserve was met. I won the exhaust. I received the exhaust the next day via UPS. The fit and finish is very good, just as good as any other aftermarket company. The bolt holes were slightly out of line but workable. This may be because I'm using the stock header. The entire unit would likely mount up easier. The slip on felt a bit lighter than stock, and around an inch shorter.

Once installed, I immediately removed the spark arrestor because, hey, I don't live in stinkin' California. My 2013 RMZ450 fired right up.. or did it? I could feel the vibration of the engine but the exhaust note was just a whisper. A quick twist of the throttle revealed a deep, throaty but quiet exhaust note. Pretty cool. Way cooler than stock.

So I take off and do the typical test around the yard. This exhaust is super quiet. I don't think it's even hitting 94db. The bike felt much like stock, however I will most likely get a better report when I hit the woods Sunday.

So far I really like it. I'm not a fan of loud exhausts. Hopefully the performance matches the quality exhaust note.

• Like 1

That was a great deal, and Jardine is an awesome company! That exhaust actually has a specially designed noise cancelling baffle that is supposed to increase flow while decreasing decibels.

Let us know how you make out and post a vid of the sound if you can.

I meant to ask you if you loosened the header bolts before mounting the slip on? If not, that could be part of the reason why the holes didn't line up. Just suggesting...

To be honest, I didn't even think about loosening the header. I guess I've been working on two strokes to long.. Lol. I bet that would have made mounting much easier.

I've ridden the bike several times since installation. I ended up using the lean coupler. This made the bike more snappy off the bottom and it pulls harder through the mid range. The topend remains like about like stock. The power delivery is great for harescramble type riding. Smooth but powerful. I will try to get a video of it running asap.

• Like 1

I just bought the Jardine RT99 Complete exhaust on Ebay for 152.00. Not as good a deal as yours, but I really wanted the full system. Can't wait to try it! :)

I hope Jardine has stepped up their R & D on their products. I've had some of their pipes and I had to replace the flanges and constantly weld mounts etc. The pipe worked well, but left me high and dry @ the track during motos.

• Like 1

I hope Jardine has stepped up their R & D on their products. I've had some of their pipes and I had to replace the flanges and constantly weld mounts etc. The pipe worked well, but left me high and dry @ the track during motos.

I have heard this complaint before. I like the way it works also. I just tried it this past weekend and it is a good pipe for a Vet imo. More powerful and broader than stock but manageable. I hope she holds up. I like it.

Any vids or updates on how you are liking the exhaust? My 94 just came in the mail today. $90.00 shipped from eBay. I was the only bidder.

• Like 1

Sorry no vids. I got the RT 99 full exhaust. It's pretty loud. The 94 is significantly more quiet. I absolutely love this pipe. I had the FMF Mega Bomb - Anodized Canister with Carbon Fiber tip - That was a first rate exhaust but made too much power for me.

I really like this pipe. The powerband reminds me of the yoshimura...snapier than stock and broadens the range

• Like 1

I just want to add to this thread. I also bought one of these slip-ons from eBay.

I originally had an FMF Ti4 full exhaust on my 2009 RM-Z 450. I blew the whole muffler apart. I also had two new spare Hindle full exhausts from when I purchased the bike. The mufflers would rub on the tire when the suspension would compress so those didn't last too long. This is why I went the eBay route.

I tried to mount the Jardine to my FMF Ti header but it had larger diameter tubing than the header so I ended up having to use the Hindle header. The Jardine slip-on is very heavy but appears to be very well built. It fits perfect and the tire does not touch it when the suspension compresses. I first tried it with the spark arrestor in. My bike felt like a CRF 50. I took out the spark arrestor and the bike felt much better but not like it did before with the other exhausts. I've put about 5 hours on it now and it's slightly better but definitely seems like it's lacking power compared to before. It's also much quieter with this exhaust. It almost sounds like a stock bike now. All jn all, for $75, it works good but I'm not overly impressed with the lack of power it makes.

• Like 1

The RT99 is the "race" version of the Jardine and the RT94 is the offroad.

My RT99 exhaust makes decent power and is actually on the loud side. My spark arrestor is still in there too. My complete exhaust was a tad lighter than stock. If I had to guess, I would say about a pound. Nothing like the FMF full Ti of course.

75 bucks seems like a great deal. I hope they hold up.

Anybody ever try the RT 5 on the RMZ450?

Had a ti rt5 on my 250..light not too loud and broadened power. But the rivits from the mount pulled out..I rigged up some metal straps to reinforce it.

Got full rt99 on 08 450. Love it.. Like the guy said before little lighter than stock.. Paired mine up with a programmer and the bike woke up.

• Like 1