Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Taylor Park Trail Conditions?

Anyone know the trail condition around Taylor Park.  Forrest service says lower elevation trails are O.K. but higher elevation still has snow.

I am planning a ride next week and just wanted to make sure things were not too muddy or closed.

TIA

Just throwing it out there, but I'm betting it's still snowed in up there.

I was thinking the same thing but the Forrest service says lower elevation trails are O.K.  Hpoefully by next week things will warm up a bit.

Rick Ramsey said he posted a trail report at ADVRider. you might check that site.

I tried understanding his info but am just not there.

Based on what I can see from Denver and the front range, I'm pretty sure there is still plenty of snow up high in TP. Been there many years that we didn't have the kind of snow we had this year and the higher stuff wasn't passable. I'm guessing that it's after 7/4 for sure.

It is usually the end of July before you can ride there, and this year was much more snowy. They have a very short season.

It is usually the end of July before you can ride there, and this year was much more snowy. They have a very short season.

Dagnabbit.

The trails listed in the lunk are out of Sargents, more specific, Tomichi creek trading post. I looked forever on my TP map!

North section of Timberline #414 open, some trees down but passable. Info passed along this afternoon from a local bv rider.I am heading over Fri for the weekend and will update Sunday night

Someone Form a group I belong to is up there now, few pics and comments:

Stopped short of American Flag Mt on Italian Creek so tried Lilly Pond to get there but ran into snow again. Took Star back.image.jpg

image.jpg

Star Trail

image.jpg

Edited by obgod3

If star trail is clear I would assume the Dr.Park trail is clear.

Anybody been over yet? Heard Tincup is NOT passable yet. Agate creek is a no go also

I take the lack of response as you have not actually ridden the trails buut heard second hand and posted as the truth.

Flag, Reno Ridge, Rose Bud, Deadman, Bear Creek all good to go.  Docter park from Matchless towards Dinner Station. Some deadfall needs chainsaw. I rode them last week.

Check the GOATS on Facebook for best info. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gunnison-Valley-OHV-Alliance-of-Trailriders-The-GOATs/115853601834310 And  crontribute $. Word is star trail and lillipond are good, but I didnt ride. 648 connector is clear. Star Pass may be passable with one or so snow banks. Part of Doubletop may be snow blocked.

Be careful crossing Cement Creek. Water is moving fast.

=Doug