Sign in to follow this  

Sprocket sizee

okay so i know more teeth less top end and vice versa.

Ive always had a 48 rear and 13 front (3.69 ratio) but recently switched to a 49 (3.76 ratio) cause there were no 48s obiously its not much so there shouldnt be any drastic changes as if i would have gone up on the front sprocket right?

I have gone up two in the back even that to me only felt like a small difference one tooth will not be a huge difference I bet if I went in the middle of the night and changed your rear sprocket by one tooth you wouldn't even notice the difference.

Edited by Mtrain730
  • Like 2

Depends on how sensitive you are. I notice mine in the tight corners and how much i have to shift. And i DEF noticed 2 teeth.

Since a rear is only like 30$, i tinkered with a couple sizes. Now i have a 51 tooth as garage wall art and am super happy with my 50 over my 49.

Depends on how sensitive you are. I notice mine in the tight corners and how much i have to shift. And i DEF noticed 2 teeth.

Since a rear is only like 30$, i tinkered with a couple sizes. Now i have a 51 tooth as garage wall art and am super happy with my 50 over my 49.

Where do you buy your parts :o around here there between $60-70

Where do you buy your parts :o around here there between $60-70

I just bought a couple cheap jt or sunstar? steels off ebay just for that experiment.

Next chain sprocket setup will be ironmans if i can ever get these to wear out

• Like 1

Up in the back has the same effect as down in the front. Front changes more than the back by about 3 times.

I replace my 14 /49 with a 15/51 on my 01' cr250 my intentions after the rebuild was to sell it. I like the setup it keeps my rpm's a little lower maybe adding some longevity to the engine life , it still has plenty of low end power for me and i have a more usable first gear. It will idle or just off idle in first gear without the lugging so i'm happy with it. My main goal is to have a nice bike i can enjoy for years  :thumbsup:

Isn't 14/49 pretty much the same thing as 15/51 or am I missing something?

thats what i wonder too!

Edit: nvm a 12/51 would be the same as 14/49

15/51 would be more like a 14/46 if im correct

Edited by diegoo.jayjay
  • Like 1

Just divide the larger number by the smaller one and you get the ratio i understand the ratio easier you might to

• Like 1