Sign in to follow this  

110/90-19 or 120/90-19?

Evening all,

My son is taking his 07' to HiPoint in two weeks for a qualifier.  We have only run 120's on the rear.  The shop is offering up 2 free tires to him where he works.  he wants to know if he should stay with a 120 or drop down to a 100.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks

Sid

Depends on track conditions. I find a 110 helps the bike turn & lean over because of the shape,

a 120 has a tendency to make the bike stand up a bit in turns but hooks up better in soft conditions.

A 100 is way to small, a 110 will help you turn better but if you're racing a qualifier...that's not the time to experiment with something new. Go with the 120 if you've been satisfied with it thus far.

I picked up a leftover 2013 kx450f a few months ago. Where I ride, is more mid to hard pack terrain with a good amount of ruts. Im not a fan of the stock Bridgestones for ridding at my track, nor am I a fan of the 120/80-19 rear. I have a harder time getting the bike to lay over in certain situations and I attribute that to the 120 rear tire. I just installed some Michelin MH3's and went to a 110/90/19 for the rear, so I'm curious to see if this will make a difference myself.

I have been considering going back to a 110 also. Just not a fan of the 120 In corners with ruts.