Sign in to follow this  

2048-1E: Is anyone still selling them?

Seems quite a few folks are advertising the 2048-1E, but shipping the 2250-1E instead. Less lift, duration and no adjustable cog.

Sure would like the 2048-1E.  :thumbsup:

Thats what i have,  the 2047 and the 2048,  i think they are from 2003,  ive said it before and ill say it again,  i was very surprised with the power they added,  you could feel it right away,  best and cheapest performance mod ive done on the DRZ for sure.

drz138_zpsb592c856.jpg

• Like 1

They were pushing them hard in 2006, as I recall.

I was able to order a 2003-1IN in 2006 by calling Hot Cams directly, but they were insisting that the 9.05mm lift cams made the same power. If I cannot find the 2048, I'll get the 2252-2E; pretty much the same profile, but no adjustable cog. :(

They were pushing them hard in 2006, as I recall.

I was able to order a 2003-1IN in 2006 by calling Hot Cams directly, but they were insisting that the 9.05mm lift cams made the same power. If I cannot find the 2048, I'll get the 2252-2E; pretty much the same profile, but no adjustable cog. :(

Ive been told that the older models were the strongest ones,  the 2048-2048 is what was used in the 50HP package.   

• Like 1

It is interesting to look over all the different cams and manufacturers and where they are trying to place the power.

DRZ Forum cam chart

I'll will be pretty close to the Web Cam 288/293 setup.

I'll try another Amazon seller. At least if they don't ship the cam they're advertising, Amazon will make them eat it.

• Like 1

i have a set of cams brand spanking new, in and ex.

i believe its the 2048 when i get home i will check and ill hook you up

• Like 2

Sorry...I have 2252-2e and 2251-2in

I put the 2048 in my bike

Edited by ryansgotacbr
  • Like 1

i have a set of cams brand spanking new, in and ex.

i believe its the 2048 when i get home i will check and ill hook you up

I appreciate the offer, thanks.

The 2252-2E has the same profile as the 2048-1E, sans adjustable cog.

Luckily my 2003-1IN is adjustable. I cannot see changing overlap by more than 6 degrees, and in my mind, I'm not really worried about what a 6 degree advance would do to filling under 7k rpm. Still, I like the idea of having the flexibility  down the road.

Makes me wonder why Hot Cams continues to make cam degreeing kits when they no longer make cams that you can set. :lame:

Talked to a vendor today who said he used to sell about 100 2048-1E's a month. He now sells about 3 2250-1E's a month. For some reason, Hot Cams won't listen to their distributors.  He still has a 2047-1IN. The packrat in me says, "Buy it!"  :devil:

Reminds me of the era they elminated the 2003 series. Not that the 2047/48 aren't good cams, but the 2003 series was much better for competition enduro and super moto.

At this point, I wonder how long they will continue to make the 22XX series Stage II?  Seriously, the new Stage I cams are barely more bumpy than the stock S/SM cams. :banghead:

Gentlemen, are these cams better than my standard 2004 E cams? Tempted to give then a whirl if they are.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402731305.917440.jpg

• Like 1

Gentlemen, are these cams better than my standard 2004 E cams? Tempted to give then a whirl if they are.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402731305.917440.jpg

Those are nice.  The 2003 series you have there would be an improvement, but not any of the the others. Compare on this cam chart. Your stock E cams are the ones at the bottom that say Suzuku OEM A/B.

In a perfect world, I would use the Yoshimura exhaust cam, with my 2003-1IN. Same grind as your E exhaust cam, but with the auto decompress.

My understanding is the E exhaust cam will retain a little more low/mid, but it's slight.

Where did you score those cams? :D

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 1

Those are nice. The 2003 series you have there would be an improvement, but not any of the the others. Compare on this cam chart. Your stock E cams are the ones at the bottom that say Suzuku OEM A/B.

In a perfect world, I would use the Yoshimura exhaust cam, with my 2003-1IN. Same grind as your E exhaust cam, but with the auto decompress.

My understanding is the E exhaust cam will retain a little more low/mid, but it's slight.

Where did you score those cams? :D

Cheers for the post. I'm a super noob with this stuff so I'll have to ask, would the bike need jetting to match the new carbs?

And I can't divulge that information!

Cheers for the post. I'm a super noob with this stuff so I'll have to ask, would the bike need jetting to match the new carbs?

And I can't divulge that information!

Not sure I can divulge the jetting info, just yet. ;)

SWEET GEE-ZIS, NUNS and ORPHANS!!!!!

I just bought my cam!!!!!!!1one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171265389304

Happy, happy; Joy Joy!!!!!  :D :D :D

Well, vrs oh yes, I was going to ask you if the chap you got your cams from had a 2048-1E mixed in with his spares..................................

.................................ya got no leverage now. ;)

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 2

Not sure I can divulge the jetting info, just yet. ;)

. Oh don't be like that!!! Haha
  • Like 1

I have the pleasure of telling you that we are in different countries!!! Congrats on your purchase hopefully I acquire the ones I'm observing too :D

Now, the jetting with 2003 hotcams in an E?

Now, the jetting with 2003 hotcams in an E?

My understanding is that unlike removing an obstruction (airbox, exhaust baffle), cams don't change the jetting much, if at all. I'll know more when I get my cams installed.