Sign in to follow this  

dyno with stage 1 mods

So what's the actual horsepower gain of the stage 1 with air box mods? 3hp? It feels like a world of difference but the chart makes it look a bit disappointing.

I believe you are correct .... about 3hp. Just a 13T sprocket does wonders for the butt dyno .... then add 4 more to the rear ....  :ride:  then add 5 or more hp with the 305 ....  :banana:

My stage one put me at 20.82 hp

After the 305 I am at 25.58 hp 

according to my chart .... it is also possible for those numbers to be higher or lower if tested on a different Dyno. Tracin also told me to bring it back after I got some time on it and he feels that he can squeeze some more power out of it but did not want it running lean right away. 

• Like 2

I believe you are correct .... about 3hp. Just a 13T sprocket does wonders for the butt dyno .... then add 4 more to the rear ....  :ride:  then add 5 or more hp with the 305 ....  :banana:

My stage one put me at 20.82 hp

After the 305 I am at 25.58 hp 

according to my chart .... it is also possible for those numbers to be higher or lower if tested on a different Dyno. Tracin also told me to bring it back after I got some time on it and he feels that he can squeeze some more power out of it but did not want it running lean right away. 

Gary,

Were you running the EJK with only stage one or a custom tuner? Forgive my ignorance... If EJK, what settings were you using. My CRF is struggling with 1.5 1.5 3 settings.

Gary,

Were you running the EJK with only stage one or a custom tuner? Forgive my ignorance... If EJK, what settings were you using. My CRF is struggling with 1.5 1.5 3 settings.

I had the stage 1 kit ... full FMF system megabomb/Q4 with a EJK and a modded air box with a 13/42 sprockets and IRC TR8 tires that showed 20.82 HP on the Dyno 

After the 305 kit and the new EJK with all other mods the same I had 25.58 HP on the Dyno 

I'm sorry but I do not know what Tracin set my EJK to ....  If I were to set my own EJK I think I would use Positrons settings as he did a lot of testing with it....  :thumbsup:

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

I had the stage 1 kit ... full FMF system megabomb/Q4 with a EJK and a modded air box with a 13/42 sprockets that showed 20.82 HP on the Dyno 

After the 305 kit and the new EJK with all other mods the same I had 25.58 HP on the Dyno 

I'm sorry but I do not know what Tracin set my EJK to ....  If I were to set my own EJK I think I would use Positrons settings as he did a lot of testing with it....  :thumbsup:

Okay, that's the plan. My only concern is that I still utilize the stock header. Do you think that would pose an issue to Positron's settings?

Okay, that's the plan. My only concern is that I still utilize the stock header. Do you think that would pose an issue to Positron's settings?

I'm not sure exactly where they were posted but he also has them for the stock exhaust .... he tested about every configuration you can think of ... you may want to read his Aussie adventures thread 

• Like 1

Gary,

If you have a modified air box and filter with stock exhaust.

Try 1.5 2 3.5 or 1.5 2.5 3.5

• Like 3

So what's the actual horsepower gain of the stage 1 with air box mods? 3hp? It feels like a world of difference but the chart makes it look a bit disappointing.

Here is a clue.

When you get on your bike do you rev it to 7000 rpm and drop the clutch?

• Like 1

The 1.5/2/3.5 you gave me works great with stock exhaust and air box mods--again THANKS-- :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::ride:

• Like 3

Here is a clue.

When you get on your bike do you rev it to 7000 rpm and drop the clutch?

Why yes I do...   :D

• Like 5

I redid my EJK as soon as I got home to your recommended 1.5, 2.5, 4.5 and WOW!!! does it make a difference. I have a top end now! Incredible! I accidentally wheelied the bike in first at a stop sign. Whoops.

It turns out my settings were on 1, 1, 2.5 for some reason. I don't remember doing that but I must have been playing around with it months ago.

I'm full FMF, no backfire screen, no snorkel. I'm too worried about water to start drilling holes. This is my off-road bike so it sees Tennessee mud and water an awful lot.

Man. I'm not sure I need a big bore kit now.

• Like 4

I redid my EJK as soon as I got home to your recommended 1.5, 2.5, 4.5 and WOW!!! does it make a difference. I have a top end now! Incredible! I accidentally wheelied the bike in first at a stop sign. Whoops.

It turns out my settings were on 1, 1, 2.5 for some reason. I don't remember doing that but I must have been playing around with it months ago.

I'm full FMF, no backfire screen, no snorkel. I'm too worried about water to start drilling holes. This is my off-road bike so it sees Tennessee mud and water an awful lot.

Man. I'm not sure I need a big bore kit now.

Good to hear.

It definitely pays to check and change the settings.

How about 12:1 wiseco piston? That should give you another 1.5 hp across the rev range without needing the big bore.

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 1