Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Roczen the new Champ? Little early?

Been riding pretty dam well, I ike the way he rides and gives RD no excuse to make about his KTM.  I like RD a lot he is a class act and I realyl doubt he pblames the bike, but Roczen is the fun loving guy that happens to be racing MX and I think thats refreashing today.

But I sure liked the attempt to pass JS in that first Moto at Lakewood, JS shut the dorr but has to be thinking KR is a him when he was younger.

The only thing I find funny is they call him a rookie, yeh maybe in the US but not in europe, kid tore it up there.

The only thing I find funny is they call him a rookie, yeh maybe in the US but not in europe, kid tore it up there.

On a 250

• Like 1

On a 250

True but he also beat 450's there, as an example in the Teka Suzuki Europe World MX2 he won the race against 450's while riding a 250, he was 16.  I dont even call guys coming from 250's here in the USA to 450's rookies, I think sometimes the 250's are harder to ride.  And sometimes the 250's lap times are not off the 450's by much.

Way early, especially given his habit of packing it in the second half of the season. He does look really good right now so here's hoping he can sustain it to the end.

• Like 1

True but he also beat 450's there, as an example in the Teka Suzuki Europe World MX2 he won the race against 450's while riding a 250, he was 16.  I dont even call guys coming from 250's here in the USA to 450's rookies, I think sometimes the 250's are harder to ride.  And sometimes the 250's lap times are not off the 450's by much.

RV2 did that at MXoN in 07....  They call all the new 450 guys rookies when its their first season.  A 450 is a very different bike to ride than a 250. just like it was with the 125/250/500 2 strokes.  There have been many really fast "lites" class guys not be able to cope with the 450.

Regardless of what happens this is shaping up to be a really good season to watch!

Americans love the notion of the "Rookie," and never fail to apply it whenever possible. It strikes a chord in North American culture.

Case in point: Nigel Mansell - reigning World Champion and 15yr Formula One vet - comes over to Indy Cars in 1994(3?) and immediately is tagged as a "Rookie" by anyone and everyone... must pass driving tests on ovals, and endure a whole season of announcers talking about the "Rookie.." Yeah, he won pretty much everything. Some rookie.

Kenny is not a "Rookie" by any stretch of the imagination, regardless of how many here love to say it, or how often it is repeated. In reality, the kid has more experience  racing dirt bikes than pretty much anyone in the field save the top few older guys (RV, RD, JS, CR). Some Rookie.

As for crowning him "Champ?" Waaaay too early for that, but it's looking good so far.

• Like 1

roczen is not the norm. Lots of guys shred for years and years, 250f chips, then are not relevant in the 450 class. Rookie has nothing to do with skill or time riding, someone that's new to a class/championship/discipline.    

• Like 3

roczen is not the norm. Lots of guys shred for years and years, 250f chips, then are not relevant in the 450 class. Rookie has nothing to do with skill or time riding, someone that's new to a class/championship/discipline.    

You have to look no further than Tomac to make this point.

• Like 3

You have to look no further than Tomac to make this point.

Just you wait, Tomac will be spanking your boy in the not so distant future.  Maybe not until he jumps ship but it WILL happen ;)

I wonder if you will still be a Kroc fan next year after he stops drinking the orange koolaid? 

Just you wait, Tomac will be spanking your boy in the not so distant future.  Maybe not until he jumps ship but it WILL happen ;)

I wonder if you will still be a Kroc fan next year after he stops drinking the orange koolaid? 

Tomac aint gonna do shit in the 450 class, the only thing he'll be spanking is his monkey anytime soon.

• Like 3

Tomac aint gonna do shit in the 450 class, the only thing he'll be spanking is his monkey anytime soon.

And he'll name that monkey Kroc  :lol:

• Like 1

And he'll name that monkey Kroc  :lol:

He can call it whatever he wants but that wont get him any championships!

• Like 2

I think Tomac will do a lot better than some of the other former 250f hotshots. Tickle , Weimer , Hahn

• Like 1

It is too early, however he has certainly put himself in a great position this early in...  I think the Ginger has rubbed off on him , maybe he's even grown a few freckles and lost the pigment in his skin from the steady diet of Ginger snaps and Schinkenwurst sauerkraut green cabbage sandwiches !!!!!!

• Like 2

I do agree with most of whats said, I wonder what he looks like in the second half.  Fitness will be key imho.

I like Tomac but I have to agree I just dont see it in him to take on the other guys right now, while im not a Barcia fan I think he and Roczen are better racers than Tomac.

I wonder if Tomac wishes he signed that deal with RCH  :thinking:

• Like 2

I wonder if Tomac wishes he signed that deal with RCH  :thinking:

Id like to see him do something to change up his "luck"... I enjoy his riding style and he leaves it all on the track when hes done...  Seems he puts some undue pressure on himself, even more so than others....  His late race charges to the front of the pack were awesome . Ive never actually met him but he seems to me to be a good kid and hard worker, cant ask more than that...