Sign in to follow this  

Head wear.

Hey everyone, in the winter i was riding and a valve got smacked and did some damage to the head and piston. I got a used head and now there’s a problem.  The head I got has some wear on the cam journal and I cant get one of the buckets out.  Here is a pic of the journal.
IMAG0281_zps5aeoflfk.jpg
 I was wondering if the head is going to be usable? It feels like there is a slight lip that is keeping the valve bucket from coming out. 

I would go and get my money back on that head, how bad is your head what damage to the head from the valve?

I had a valve drop and bend did some damage to my head and cam. I got that one used from someone and I just got out to take it apart and saw the scoring on the cam and the cam journal.

I had a valve drop and bend did some damage to my head and cam. I got that one used from someone and I just got out to take it apart and saw the scoring on the cam and the cam journal.

Looks like oil starvation, if the journals and cam caps are ok in your head, chances are it is repairable.

Post up some pics of the damage to your head, little bit of gouging wont be a big issue unless it's really trashed.

Looks like oil starvation, if the journals and cam caps are ok in your head, chances are it is repairable.

Post up some pics of the damage to your head, little bit of gouging wont be a big issue unless it's really trashed.

This is what the head with the bent valve looks like

IMAG0198_zps5067ac2c.jpg

IMAG0196_zps72945931.jpg

IMAG0194_zpsed58d1ef.jpg

IMAG0199_zps54f6dc40.jpg

The cam and journal have lot of scratching on them.

So both the heads have damage to the cam journals?

Did your engine have oil starvation issues as well?

The first head is the one that valve got bend, i did have some oil issues with that one.
The second one I bought used and I have never had it on my bike yet.