Sign in to follow this  

Need 2006 TTR 230 plastics

In DESPERATE need for a full set and my local dealer said $350 for the full kit from Yamaha, I call straight BS. I've looked for hours on the internet today and can't find a single fender, shroud, nothing for this bike. I emailed Acerbis and nothing yet, nowhere else to look. Tried rockymountain, partzilla, everything I can think of. I might have to face my fears and buy OEM yamaha....Anybody have any idea on where I can get these?

motosport has 25% off OEM !

Just looked. Price is still way the hell up there.

Look in the OEM parts.  Original Equipment Parts....  They are 25% off.

Yeah, still at $285 for full kit. Saving quite a bit, I got brand new full plastic and decal kit for my CRF450 for $150. No reason TTR's should be $300-350. Having 3 motorcycles to buy parts for really kills my bank so I need to go cheap as I can. Got the TTR, CRF450, and my 2001 CBR 929rr fireblade....

Edited by Tvair450

There are no aftermarket plastic options for the ttr230.  That is that big reason I recommend the CRF230 over the Yamaha.  The bikes are pretty much identical performing but zero aftermarket support for the TTR.

I have found out that a 1993-2001 YZ80 uses the exact same front and rear fender as the TTR. So all i had to do was order the shrouds and number plates for around $80. So all in all $140 out of $350. And I wanted a CRF150r for my girlfriend, but there was none in my area and I bought the TTR from one of my buddies and he bought it brand new and he barely used it and I got it for an absolute steal, so I got that for her instead. But you know, a girl trying to learn on a dirtbike you know it's gunna be dropped haha.

Edited by Tvair450

Where did you get the TTR shrouds and number plates for 80?  Last time I looked they were way more than that just for the 3 number plates.  Also are you sure the YZ80 fenders are interchangeable with the 230.  I thought some were with the ttr125 but the 230 has full size wheels.  80 fenders are usually smaller.

i ordered ttr 230 number plates and shrouds, and i order 1993-2001 yz 80 front and rear fender

Please post pics when you get it together.

Thanks!

There's an old thread on this forum explaining exactly what I said. I found it and did some research and turns out they fit. He posted pictures of it and it looks identical and fit everything fine. I won't be able to post pictures until the weekend (bike is at my parents house), if I have time when I get off work I'll post the link to the article I found here

Edited by Tvair450