Sign in to follow this  

$100 pitbike

I picked up a pit bike yesterday for $100 so I could wrench on something(besides my yz that almost seized the other day). The carb was gummed up, it needed grips, rear brake,and the front brake needed to be bled. after all that I got myself a fun little bike for extremely cheap(I already had everything for it). It still needs an exhaust because there is no exhaust, it is LOUD. Anyways here's some before and after pics of a paint job I did and a nice cleaning, and a new front # plate from a klx110.

I'm thinking about painting the rims black like the fenders but i'm not sure, what do you guys think? Id like to have a sliver swing arm but that would be a job to paint. Also the seller said it was a 125 but it says 108cm on the engine fins, would that mean its a 110? And how would I know what brand this thing is? Thanks guys!

Picture0612142130_1.jpg

Picture0612142131_1.jpg

Edited by Mason107

Usually on the left side of the swing arm (from rider prospective) there is a riveted on metal tag with a vin and manufacturer and place of origin. Also on the motor by the gear shift there is usually some #'s if u check all that info online you can usually get an idea of what motor you have and possible bike brands (sometimes the same pit bike is sold and re branded by multiple companies)

Punch the engine numbers into google. Youve probably got a 110, altho theyre normallly 107cc. My "125" was actually a 107 with 124 cast on the cylinder

Was pretty cool, runs great! Haha he lived pretty far for me to take my truck clear out there so I decided I'd pick it on my motorcycle, defiantly one of the weirdest things I've ever ridden with, and I did like 30 miles on the freeway with it at 80mph lol, not my brightest...

Oh and sorry for the thread jack

1407035163780.jpg

• Like 2

I picked up a pit bike yesterday for $100 so I could wrench on something(besides my yz that almost seized the other day). The carb was gummed up, it needed grips, rear brake,and the front brake needed to be bled. after all that I got myself a fun little bike for extremely cheap(I already had everything for it). It still needs an exhaust because there is no exhaust, it is LOUD. Anyways here's some before and after pics of a paint job I did and a nice cleaning, and a new front # plate from a klx110.

I'm thinking about painting the rims black like the fenders but i'm not sure, what do you guys think? Id like to have a sliver swing arm but that would be a job to paint. Also the seller said it was a 125 but it says 108cm on the engine fins, would that mean its a 110? And how would I know what brand this thing is? Thanks guys!

Looks great, I once bought a 49cc 2 stroke from a friend not running for $40. Soldered on the ground wire, cleaned the carb, and away it went! Sold it 2 weeks later for $100. But I do with I still had it. :cry: