06 CR 250 UFO side-plate's---non vented ?

So, I ordered UFO side-plate's for an 06 CR 250 and the vent area is NOT cut out,,it is solid,,and I'm a bit confused as to why. I don't mind using the Dremel to open them, but was wondering if anyone ran into this from UFO ? Or, am I missing something and UFO did this for a performance reason ?

Actually I was curious to see what it looked like. I google imaged it anyways. Yeah I'm sure it's easy to do but still a lil cheesy for what you pay while other companies are exact replicas for about the same price. Well I guess I'm going with Acerbis when it's time for new plastics.

Yep,  I agree on cheesy,,UFO has always been a first choice for aftermarket but they somewhat dropped the ball on the panel's,,oh well,,,I guess we learned something out of this thread....Hello Acerbis... ?

Yep, I agree on cheesy,,UFO has always been a first choice for aftermarket but they somewhat dropped the ball on the panel's,,oh well,,,I guess we learned something out of this thread....Hello Acerbis... ?

isnt acerbis more expensive?

For the price the UFO is fine.

But yah, a bit cheesy.

More time and effort has been spent typing on this forum than it takes to open up the panels.

Having said that, i threw my last set on quickly and didnt cut it out till after my ride. Didnt affect the performance but i was trail riding and not hard on the gas.

Off roaders may want to leave it pluged to keep excess water and mud out of the box.

I think maybe they did this because the stock side plates that came from the factory have those black covers that have two screws holding them in from the inside.  I don't know why they are there.  Have never found the answer.  I've still got my stock plates and I leave the covers on.  I've felt no performance difference either way.

• Like 1