Sign in to follow this  

jd jetting versus dynojet kits

James Dean uses OEM jets and if you have a question, he answers it.

DJ uses their own jets, the numbers and flow rates are not the same as OEM and you become locked into buying theirs. If you have a question, you get the call center.

so what exactly are the advantages of going with these jet kits? what do these kits offer that standard jets don't?

so what exactly are the advantages of going with these jet kits? what do these kits offer that standard jets don't?

The jets are the same, it's the needles that are of different design. I noticed right away that my throttle response was a ton quicker and crisper. The bottom end on my YZ had a sluggish feeling when lugging it that went away with the JD kit. Now it's crisp all the way to gear change time regardless if I chop it, roll on, snap it, lug it etc, it's just clean. I ride a lot of tighter trails and seems the motor doesn't hate riding a gear high now. Used to be kind of boggy or sluggish but now it just pulls along with no hesitation or gurgles. Excited to get the flywheel weight on and John Deere this thing around haha. I'm def glad I spent the $80 for JDs kit.