Sign in to follow this  

Washington Camping + Dirtbiking?

We had a family camping trip scheduled, the touratech rally in plain, wa, but it looks like it's aimed at big Adventure bikes.  All the classes, routes, etc are focused on 9x0 adventures or bmw gs's.  Not my thing.  So.. figured I'd save a pocket full of cash and head out somewhere else.  I live 10 mins from walker valley so that's really not an option. 

I'm thinking Goose Creek or Tahuya, but am unfamiliar with both.  I'll be bringing 3 kids but I'll be the only rider.

Any thoughts on a good alternative, some place the kids can hang out, maybe swim while I get some trails in?

June 27-29 are the days we are heading out.

Also anyone want to join me/us that would be great as well.

little naches on crow creek for camping and ultimately the little naches river which has a good swimming hole. about half the trails there are pretty whooped out. the other half has some good stuff though. 

I would recommend either taneum or little Naches area. Naches has cool rivers/rocka to jump off of, lots of room for bicycles etc. Whistlin jacks is just down the road with stuff like ice cream and burgers etc. Plus tons of miles of riding in almost any direction. I grew up going on big family campouts there, some of the best memories! There's a handful of pay campgrounds and quite a bit of free camping along the river. Hope this helps.

Edited by brentk660
  • Like 2

Thanks for the reply fellas.  Sounds like the place to go is Naches.  I'll have to look it up.  Hopefully not too easy to get lost on the trails as I'll be riding solo. :)..

Little Naches......

I'll be there with a group that same weekend. Good place for everyone. 3 out of the 6 kids going ride but they all have fun there..

I'm out for riding this season but a few guys will be riding. If you have a map, the trails are "new to area" friendly"

• Like 1

Little Naches......

I'll be there with a group that same weekend. Good place for everyone. 3 out of the 6 kids going ride but they all have fun there..

I'm out for riding this season but a few guys will be riding. If you have a map, the trails are "new to area" friendly"

Thanks.. I'll look for a map:).. If you see a guy on a Beta 525 that would be me. :thumbsup:

I'm sure can meet up with riders who may become new friends. Better to ride with others, have a great ride and come back to the kids safe. Have a great time!

I'm sure can meet up with riders who may become new friends. Better to ride with others, have a great ride and come back to the kids safe. Have a great time!

I'm trying to convince a couple of my buddies from up here to tag along.  No takers yet.  I rarely ride solo, but when I do I take it pretty easy.  Hit a deer at Walker Valley 2 years ago.  6th gear pinned on my 450, luckily a few buddies were less than a mile away when it happened, but I learned an important lesson about ripping ass while riding solo, :)

My daughter decided that was a good weekend to get married. For some reason she didn't want to cancel her wedding because it didn't fit into my riding schedule.

• Like 1

Gooch is the man:).. Hoping to hook up with him and a few of his riding buddies..  Anyone going to the Long Meadows area look for a Silver FJ Cruiser and/or a Beta 525.  Flag me down and lets moto :thumbsup:

Only WRs are allowed at Naches. Gooch test drove a KTM and now he is out for the season. karma?

Only WRs are allowed at Naches. Gooch test drove a KTM and now he is out for the season. karma?

Ended up on the other side.. Sasse area.  A friend has some property over there so rode from his place.  Some great single track over there.