I have a 13' 200 xcw.

Fuel mix - 40:1

Red #3

170 mj

38 pj

2.5 turns

2000ft

90-100deg

What is causing the excess smoke on idle and whacking the throttle. Its not gear oil, its 2t oil.

Am I that rich? I realize that 2t smoke a bit but this is quite annoying.

Thanks

what 2 smoke oil?  I suggest motorex, 40:1 and it is smokeless once warm in my 250sx

Im also using motorex and 40:1, even when hot it still smokes. A larger puff of smoke happens more pronounced

when you rev it up and when the revs start coming down is when I notice a larger puff of smoke. It seems kinda whitish compared

to blue from the oil fuel mix. Could it possibly be crankcase oil? Bad seal or crack case? Or is it just running rich? Never is it smokeless.

This is a new bike.

How much smoke are we talking about? And do you have splooge coming from your silencer after a good ride? My 300 smokes quite a bit on start up and then cleans right up after up to operating temps.

Our 13 250 XC is smoking a bunch too.  Only 15 hours on new top end.  120 hrs total.  I have the "suzuki" jetting now and used it through the spring and will probably remove it and put stock back in for our summer temps now around the 80's in NY.  Our XC has been smoking for awhile now through the winter - even after the top end.  Have tried different jettings.  New top end.  Changed mix from 40:1 to 50:1 using the Amsoil DOMINATOR® 2-Stroke Racing Oil.  What is it?  It is not splooging too bad I don't think, but just smokes way to much - way more than my YZ.  Not sure where the oil is coming from.  Need more ideas.  Reeds have not been done yet.  Guess I will try the stock jetting again.

Edited by Crash354

Post a video AFTER the engine is hot and "cleaned out". You may indeed have an issue or what is excessive to you may just be "normal".

Your buring some oil, so there will be some smoke. I realize it's a new bike, but that doesn't mean something is wrong like a leaking wet side crank seal or maybe your burning coolant from a leaking head O ring?

I have a 13' 200 xcw.

Fuel mix - 40:1

Red #3

170 mj

38 pj

2.5 turns

2000ft

90-100deg

What is causing the excess smoke on idle and whacking the throttle. Its not gear oil, its 2t oil.

Am I that rich? I realize that 2t smoke a bit but this is quite annoying.

Thanks

I am a little higher than you are, but I'd suggest you try a smaller MJ. I have a 160 in mine now with a 38 PJ. It has been unseasonably cool so far this spring/summer. Once it warms up to normal summer temps I normally go to a 158 and 35 but we ride from about 5K to +9k, with temps in the 80s or 90s at the lower elevations.

I think he can drop a size on the mj to 168, but keep in mind the JD kit needles along with some other needles REQUIRE a richer mj than the STOCK mj. It has to do with needle design.

The complaint appears to be on startup and low throttle, not WOT. The mj will have very little affect below 1/2 throttle, so although the mj may be a step or so rich for his riding conditions, I doubt it's the cause of his issue.