Sign in to follow this  

1990 yz490 vibration?

i read in an old magazine that they replaced the bolts in the motor mounts with 3/8 bolts.....if you look you will see that the stock bolts have ALOT of slop in the holes..........to use a 3/8 bolt you will have to drill it out......its only slightly larger than the stock hole so you wont be removing to much metal

as soon as my engine is done i will be doing this mod too

All kinds of tricks can be used to lessen the engine vibrations. The biggest ones have been mentioned, like silicone the handlebars. Do not try to rubber the engine mounts, as that will not work. But going oversize on the engine mount will help. You can even silicone seal the frame itself, which might help some. And bar end weights will help some. And fresh/tight bearings in the suspension will help too.

But like it's already been mentioned, big bore two strokes produce a lot of vibes!!!

if you look the handle bar mounts are rubber insulated with bushings in the upper T clamp.......might wanna check to make sure they are not dry rotted out......they are a pain to replace ........i did mine