Sign in to follow this  

Year of Manufacture xr600

Hi,

I have an XR600 that I m trying to register for road use here in the U.K. but I am having trouble with dating it. I understand it was imported a few years ago but don't know from where. The chassis number only has 12 digits starting JDH4E.

Anyone got any clues? I have been in touch with Honda UK but without a 17 digit VIN they are struggling.

Thanks

Is that the lettering thats stamped on the right hand side of the steering head..If you can give me it or the engine number I may be able to help..I don't need any numbers/letters from the small alloy plate that's riveted on to the frame sometimes under the seat..I need the full letters and numbers that are stamped into the right hand side of the steering head or the engine number,,though engines can be changed frequently so the frame number's a better bet.

Edited by Horri

Thanks, the frame and engine number both read JDH4E-8002858

I emailed a guy at Honda a picture of the frame number and he said the same ha ha

I have a honda master book that shows all serial numbers starting and ending by year. Get me the engine number that may help if your frame isnt original

I'm the same as zrxer..Numbers make no sense..I have JH2PE..plus numbers,,They cover the 93--2000 600s..No JDH4 frame or engine..

I'm the same as zrxer..Numbers make no sense..I have JH2PE..plus numbers,,They cover the 93--2000 600s..No JDH4 frame or engine..

Hmmm  "Japanese Honda 2 Piss-off Everyone"  JH2PE makes more sense now. :lol:

Edited by bork

Is this bike actually a Honda XR600R? lol.

Could you post up pictures of the bike and the VIN on the steering head?

Who knows, maybe you have some special one-off bike or something.

ok. Here is the picture of the frame number

20130712_1352121_zps8c2eacbf.jpg

Here's the engine number

20130712_135139_zps7568b43b.jpg

And here is the unfinished bike

20140620_100246_zps306077d4.jpg

It came with the CR forks but I have fitted the tank and modified the rear end

Still no luck. I think my next option is to get in touch with a Honda owners club and see if they can write me a letter stating the supposed date of the bike. Hopefully DVLA will accept that and give me a registration number 

What's the number on the right hand side of the carb just above where the bowl connects to the main body of the carb..

If I want to know what year an American 600 is I go to the below and get the numbers from the US 600s parts list.. If you try and do the same for say a Euro direct model they aren't listed..You may be lucky and find them under Belguim or one of the other listed countries they were exported to..I've never seen any but I haven't been through the lot..The US years are certainly listed as that's where I get my info..

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-xr600_model382/

Edited by Horri