Sign in to follow this  

Why does my Ttr 125 have no compression

I have a 2002 ttr 125 and it just shut off after putting new gaskets in the top end because of a oil leak on top end.I think I put it all back together right... Well when I started it up it was making a weird ticking noise when I would ride it. I rode it about 15 min yesterday around the yard and started it up today and rode about 30 ft and it shut off. So I tried to kick start it again but when I kicked it it had NO compression. I took the cover off to get to the camshaft gear ( I think that's what it is called) and the bolt holding the gear on was loose. I tightened it back up, put the cover back on, tried to start it and still had no compression. I realized the lip on the sprocket was broken so it wasn't connected to the cam. I put a new one on and it still has not much compression. When I had it apart I noticed that the exhaust valve on the head does not close all the way. Could that be the problem? Or What else might it be?

-thanks, Philip

You bent the valves.

Time for another repair.

Then should I get exhaust and intake valves or do you think just exhaust? They were both really dirty.

-Thanks, phillip

There's no secret involved.

You need to take it back apart, inspect and find out what needs replacing.

Buy the parts.

Do any machine work needed (if any).

Put it back together properly.

Everything is fine in the engine except the exhaust valve not closing all the way and the intake valve being dirty. So I want to know, do you think the new valves would fix the compression?

-thanks phillip