2013 CRF 100F modifications

You should be able to get away with just raising the needle the equivalent of 1 notch.

I don't know the stock 100 gearing, but on my sons 80 I put a larger front sprocket.  This gives it more top end speed, but that wasn't what I was after.  I want him to be able to ride out each gear longer instead of having to shift, shift, shift all the time. 

Very good mod IMHO.

Ok we took the bike out for its first rip. Not impressed with the bike first off once it's warmed up you have to feather the throttle or it will stall, if you snap the throttle it will stall. Same thing when your riding is this normal? I ride a 450 r and it's snappy does not act like his bike. I think I need to adjust the jets. Can anybody help me out?

Ok we took the bike out for its first rip. Not impressed with the bike first off once it's warmed up you have to feather the throttle or it will stall, if you snap the throttle it will stall. Same thing when your riding is this normal? I ride a 450 r and it's snappy does not act like his bike. I think I need to adjust the jets. Can anybody help me out?

It sounds like your jets or fuel screw is off. Read the manual and adjust them as needed. Other then that how is the bike? Ive been looking at them for my stepson but think its gonna be a little too big for him but a 50 is gonna be small.

It's a great bike I just didn't expect a brand new bike to need to be adjusted right off the start

They all come from the factory with the same carb settings. Odds are you just need a few minor tweaks to have it running right. My 450R needs jetting changes here throughout the day due to the humidity changes. Overnight our humidity drops and it gets cool so early morning i can run a richer setting. Mid day it gets up high 90's and high humidity so i need to lean it out some. The way temps are now im between 2 main jets and 1 needle clip through the day.

Yeah I got a 450r too it's much easier to adjust between the two knobs than pulling the carb apart and adjusting the jets. Anyways the bike sucks for climbing hills right now but I'll try and get the carb adjusted and see how it does this weekend.

That's not normal.  It should not stall.  It's not snappy at all, but it should just tractor along.

Here's a video of our 70 and 80.  Maybe it will give you an idea to compare to yours.  At 1:20 he takes off in 2nd gear, which is how he usually does it since its geared so low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIdVorA0H5E

• 2 weeks later...