Sign in to follow this  

California Boring ride this weekend (clay pit in oroville)

I am going to clay pit this sunday with my wife and boy.  It's the only place around with nice flat land for my wife to learn to ride that I know of around sac area that is open to red sticker.  She is going to learn how to use a clutch and she doesn't need hills and obstacles.   My boy will be riding a 13 ttr110 and hes good already.  Wife will be starting out on an 05 klx125.  I will be bringing a 12 yz450f I'm not sure it will be fun for me.  I could bring my 05 yz250 smoker but I want to work on some flat circle 8's with the four stroke.   

Anyway has anyone been out there?  I have never been out there and only found it on rider planet.  Anyone have info on it?  And is anyone going?

If you are in the greater sac area and looking for an ohv park with plenty of space for a new rider, look at Prairie City in Folsom.  It may be closer to you.  

If you are in the greater sac area and looking for an ohv park with plenty of space for a new rider, look at Prairie City in Folsom.  It may be closer to you.  

All the bikes I own for myself are red sticker and I'm not allowed to go.  I would take them to foresthill but my wife isn't ready for that.  My boy is, my wife isn't.  She thinks her feet are brakes like the flinstones.  So throwing a clutch in to the mix will only make it that much worse.  So i need it flat and easy to teach.   Prairie city would of been perfect, it's not the right time of the year.

stony ford is nice, you can ride year around , Davies flat is a nice big area, and nail track across the road, and a few more nice beginner areas that are legal in the fouts springs vally are, just some of the main road you cant ride on but its well shined, you will need to have current registration sticker, helmet, spark arrester,,, also has water, bathrooms, and a nice place for picnic lunch. its an hour west of Maxwell.. look it up on the Mendocino  national forest web site ..

As SR said Stony would work, but you are 2 hours from the nearest staging area and probably closer to 2.5 hours from Davis Flat, from the greater Sac area.  

Bummer, shouldn't of got the wifey a bike, could of been going somewhere cool with your boy

you have the best TT name.. the wifey will problay get tired of the boy kiking her ass on the trail and will just let the boys play and if she is a good egg she will have lunch ready when they get back.........im only dreaming...

• Like 2

Well, I ride almost every weekend and my wife was getting pissed.  So its time to involve her.  Borrowed the bike from my step mom to see if she can do it before spending the cash on a new one.

• Like 1

Well, I ride almost every weekend and my wife was getting pissed.  So its time to involve her.  Borrowed the bike from my step mom to see if she can do it before spending the cash on a new one.

Mine wanted in...  involved the hell out of her...  no sitting in the lawn chair while daddy set up camp, chopped wood, built a cabin for the weekend, change the oil in the truck, clean the air filters in the bikes and greased the wheel bearing on the trailer...  and CLEAN OUT THE SHITTER when it was all over ...  she is happy to leave us men to our riding now and just make us lunch.  :lol:

• Like 4

you have the best TT name.. the wifey will problay get tired of the boy kiking her ass on the trail and will just let the boys play and if she is a good egg she will have lunch ready when they get back.........im only dreaming...

Get her jacked up on riding, find some other wives that ride and hook her up with them, she will be much more excited about riding that way versus trying to keep up with your expectations. The more she rides, the more you get to ride.

I have gone to the claypit. It's rather lame for anyone with experience but should be fine for your wife to learn. Around the edge of the pit you can practice some hill climb technique for the little ones.

There are rocks much like prairie city except they are everywhere!

Watch out for the quadtards!

So there are more rocks at Clay pit than Prairie City? I hoping to get my wife and kid there to get away from the PC rocks while they learn.

Prosser pits would be good.  There's open space that's good for beginners and all the jumps you can handle.  You can connect that to some forest type roads and single track too.

The other benefit is that the temperature is much better up there in the Summer.

Damn Ryan u got a lot of bikes bro pretty up to date to you must have a good job lol been to Orville but don't know any riding places

Damn Ryan u got a lot of bikes bro pretty up to date to you must have a good job lol been to Orville but don't know any riding places

Lol,  how you know what bikes I have?