Mad River

Did ya' make it down the mad river trail Brett?

Joe

didn't make it across the river.  It was raging for a lone crosser, but I think if I had to I could have gotten across.  I saw a bunch of riders headed toward Sugarloaf, so I followed, turns out the Dirty Face Poker Run was this weekend.  I followed them for about 90miles, then broke off and did some of my own exploring.  Went all the way out to Phelps Cr. Trail in the Alpine Wilderness.  Caught some trout, and some perch. Everything was dry, I suspect the uppers will open early this year, however the connector from Minnow/Chikamin up to the closed section of the Tie is still snowed in.

• Like 3

I like pictures, and I know I took a pic of the Mad river crossing on my phone, but it didn't seem to save it.  Oh well, this is what I got

P6150317_zps50e71aac.jpg

Eagle Falls was ragin

P6150319_zps02cc4967.jpg

P6150321_zpsbb3344ef.jpg

and......flowers

P6150323_zpsad85383b.jpg

Edited by Slackkinhard
  • Like 3

how much snow is up at Chikamin? Enough for a snowbike?

I doubt it.  It seemed pretty dry up on the Tie.  My guess is they are waiting for the meadows up there to dry out....I don't think it's a snow thing this year.  That little connector to the Tie is just heavily wooded, so it takes a while for the drifts to go away.  The entire lower 'loop' is open and dusty already.

Flowers! Geez you softy....

What are you up to this weekend?

I've got a pass Saturday.

going plan is I'm going up tonite to go kayaking tomorrow on the Chiwawa.  Then I was going to camp somewhere in the area for the weekend.  Most likely a site alongside fish lake. I'm not a big fan of the lower Chikamin singletrack, so I may just dual sport around, go up Nason Ridge or something, hopefully get across the lower Mad River crossing and head toward Ardenvoir etc.  Couple other guys from work may come out....no set plan other than to be up there in the sunshine ?

• Like 1

Lenny,

Did you see a BMW sedan parked at the entrance to the lookout? I came through there Saturday afternoon and saw it parked there. It was a nice car, I couldn't believe it was up there, figured it was stolen. They came up through Maverick Saddle, I saw the tracks. Unbelievable they made it up that road.

Lenny,

Did you see a BMW sedan parked at the entrance to the lookout? I came through there Saturday afternoon and saw it parked there. It was a nice car, I couldn't believe it was up there, figured it was stolen. They came up through Maverick Saddle, I saw the tracks. Unbelievable they made it up that road.

They were headed down via Eagle Creek on our way up. We all had a good laugh.

Hey, I'm thinking of heading out this way on Saturday and/or Sunday--mother in law is in town, and so, I don't want to be around.

Is there enough riding to keep an out of shape rider on a yz450 entertained for most of the day?  Or is it snowed in too much?

I'm looking at this map: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5313093.pdf

Any info?   Thanks!

If ya ride the chikamin/minnow lower loop and back you'll be pretty well whooped ?

A friend and I were talking, and a crew of a few with some shovels could fix a lot of the beat up spots....especially along lower Alder Ridge trail.

Good Stuff

Was sure hard not to head down the upper mad river trail. Glad my father in law was there to talk me out of it.:(:huh: Seasonal closer still in affect as of Saturday. Still a nice dualsport run from Lake Wenatchee over to Sugar Loaf then the loop from French Corral to Ardenvore and back via Moe Ridge. Was nice to blow the cob webs out of the 530.

1403624174892.jpg

• Like 4

Good Stuff

Was sure hard not to head down the upper mad river trail. Glad my father in law was there to talk me out of it. :(:huh: Seasonal closer still in affect as of Saturday. Still a nice dualsport run from Lake Wenatchee over to Sugar Loaf then the loop from French Corral to Ardenvore and back via Moe Ridge. Was nice to blow the cob webs out of the 530.

I did the jaunt to Ardenvoir a couple times.....I left my keys and didn't notice til I got back to my truck, and couldn't get in :bonk:

A friend and I were talking, and a crew of a few with some shovels could fix a lot of the beat up spots....especially along lower Alder Ridge trail.

I might be at Goose Creek this weekend, possibly on Friday already. Let me know if you are going to do some work.