Sign in to follow this  

2014 450

Wanna buy but just keep hearing all this stuff about bad build quality, bad clutch, bad transmission. Someone shed some light for me!

So far my 14, with 10 hours on it is holding up great!  Lots of guys have them at the local track right now and no one seems to be having any issues.  So far I am super impressed with this bike.

Loving my 14. Still working on suspension, but so far this is a great bike.

10353652_10100266117216213_9115066338831

• Like 2

I have a 13 and no issues so far, the clutch is fine and the hardware is fine too, don't go crazy when you tighten stuff and you will be ok, transmission is fine. I would see if you can ride one first to see if it suits you. Great bikes IMO

• Like 1

I have a 12 with 55 hours and its strong and still on the oem clutch and I cracked it open at 48hrs to check out the piston and valves and it was in better condition than any of my hondas where at the same service intervals.the piston looked like new . The only thing I need now is new brake pads . Just so u know I am not a trail rider im a local pro so yes the bike gets ridden hard .

Im on a 2012 with 95 hours on it. Bike has been solid as a rock, I've never touched the valves, stock clutch still holding up fine. I put a PC high compression piston in her at 65 hours and everything looked perfect inside, I'm sure I could still be on that piston no problem. I race B class, and have had it at glamis 6 times so she's been ridden pretty hard. This is my first RMZ and I'm hooked

My '14 has 50 hrs now. Valves still in spec. I did install a Rekluse with zero problems. Bike is fun to ride but it is heavy.

Mark