Sign in to follow this  

With no KTM 690 SMCs being sent to America......

I'm gonna hit up Mulholland and other canyon roads in the area. I'm a dirt bike guy. The Duke just isn't me. A 690 SMC is more my style.

Mulholland sounds like my neck of the woods. But the only part that is any good is the last west section to the beach. Everything else is a highway patrol bust. Stunt road is also a highway patrol bust. Most of the roads in the area are tight enough to use a true supermoto bike.

I rode a 690 and tried a 990 both UN-empressive in the tight stuff. Too heavy and lost any power to weight. The buddy that had one rode it from Orange Co. Ca. to my place on the west side of L.A.. It made sense as the only redeeming excellent factor I found in the bike was a overdrive six gear. He ended up getting rid of them in favor of a Husky 610 trucked to my place then we take off and hit the tight stuff starting at Fernwood Pacific off Topanga.

A well built 450 or maybe the KTM 500 seems like an awesome choice as they are the quickest in the tights of the Santa Monica Mountains. Unless you have a lot of freeway or such that needs to be gobbled up. 

My personal choose is a built 450:

gytr277_zps7889ed6a.jpg

Edited by stevethe