Sign in to follow this  

Washed my yz125 with a hose and started harder than usual

Hey guys I have a yz125 and I washed my dirt bike after a ride, and im not sure if this will help but the engine was all warmed up basically right after I washed it. But after i was done i started it up and it started way harder than usual. Usually it starts on the first kick but it took 4-5 kicks just barely enough for me to give it some gas and keep it going. It also wouldn't idle after that either like it normally does. But i rode it around and then it idled and started up fine. Does anyone know if I got water in there or what happened?

probably got your air filter wet, if you got water in your exhaust would've noticed, and water shouldn't be getting any where else. Wait 30 minutes for your bike to cool before washing, and either take the air filter  out and put a towel in place or watch washing around it.

Haha wet air filter for sure. And maybe water in spark cap. But id never start arfter a wash. Always redo filter, water suck thru carb and mixes with fuel to make it hard to start and idle.