Smog Testing for Red Sticker bikes - YES NO JOKE - check it out

I am not sure if any of you read page 14 of the AMA magazine but Calfornia is evaluating a plan to test your red sticker competition bikes for SMOG.

YEP.  PAGE 14 of July 2014 American Motorcyclist.  Check it out..  There is a real hidden agenda here.

UNBELIEVIABLE-  Why don't they just release a press statement from CARB and the State of California.

"Welcomoe to California we do not want dirtibikes are any type of motorized recreation in this state PERIOD".  Please tell your kids to stay indoors, play video games and smoke pot.  Oh yes, we will help pay for the ritalin/adderall and other drugs to keep them numb so they do not do anything.

Then we can look like deer in the headlights when they act out their aggressions. and violance years later.....

**WOW- this state is fubar.

Thank you,

State of KALIFORNIA.

• Like 2

It's just a matter of time before all bikes have the same smog laws as cars.

Where I am they do random smog checks on cars (like DUI checkpoints), so I'm sure bikes are next.

Those are supposedly voluntary from what I've heard. 

• Like 1

The new OHV stickers will be available in (12) different colors. 

You pick the color that corrisponds to the month you want to ride in.

If you want to ride in a different month, you will go to the government 'OHV Color Points Barter Board' and post up available color points or need for color points.

All bikes will be smog tested at the highest point of all riding venues, so if you get a 'does not pass' reading, you will have to walk the bike back to your truck.

The USFS will offer $399 hourly 'trail tote' passes, to help transport you back to your truck via their special Helicopters, if you need it.

All Quads will be exempt from this program, and will not be tested or stickered. Thank god.

I think all of this makes so much sense, and it's about time our Government took a more active role in our off-road adventures.

• Like 4

I got a letter yesterday from CARB asking if I'd be interested in loaning my bike to them for such testing.

The letter had the VIN of my 11 RMZ 450. It's currently a non oped (track only) red sticker. In trade they offered me $1000! Our OHV sticker money at work. They wanted bike for a period of up to 3 months.

Now, I of course will not allow them to use my bike to make false official claims that result in the restriction of my sport. None of us should. Fact is though there's an out of work tattooed flat biller that will.

Edited by jbrownmxr
  • Like 5

I got a letter yesterday from CARB asking if I'd be interested in loaning my bike to them for such testing.

The letter had the VIN of my 11 RMZ 450. It's currently a non oped (track only) red sticker. In trade they offered me $1000! Our OHV sticker money at work. They wanted bike for a period of up to 3 months.

Now, I of course will not allow them to use my bike to make false official claims that result in the restriction of my sport. None of us should. Fact is though there's an out of work tattooed flat biller that will.

I realize that I am older than dirt and easily confused/tricked....is this for real....not....right?

It's just a matter of time before all bikes have the same smog laws as cars.

Where I am they do random smog checks on cars (like DUI checkpoints), so I'm sure bikes are next.

That's why owning an older 2 stroke bike has always been more preferable to owning a newer one with a red sticker.

Non of my bikes have anything on them even related to emissions control.

The idiocracy that allows you only to ride your bike during certain seasons was unimaginable to me when I first heard it years ago, and still is.

But you're right, it is a matter of time.  It always starts somewhere though.

:devil:

"if you can't burn it, blow it up!"

Get out of the shitstate while you still can. CARB is nonsense, they are blood sucking leaches and are only in it for the fines. They need to generate it from somewhere!!!

Pretty soon, farting in CA is going to need a smog check from CARB. 

Edited by PALMER84ONE
  • Like 1

Get out of the shitstate while you still can. CARB is nonsense, they are blood sucking leaches and are only in it for the fines. They need to generate it from somewhere!!!

Pretty soon, farting in CA is going to need a smog check from CARB. 

Hasn't farting already been legislated out of the state ?  Remember the days of driving through the stinky dairy farms on the 15...  ALL GONE...  NO FARTING ALLOWED ANYMORE.

They didn't even let those poor cows have Red Stickers...  :lame:  

• Like 1